Rachel Argosy, a.k.a. Rhapsody was a music teacher at Two Forks, Maine, who turned out to be a mutant at age twenty, her mutation manifestation allegedly having been retarded due to her having meningitis as a child.
Rhapsody then tried to make him take his decision to fire her back two days later, only to accidentally cause his death. She was spotted by Sharp's wife Margaret and chased by the police across town.
X-Factor's Multiple Man and Quicksilver were sent to investigate the case. Exposed to the effects of Rhapsody's power, Madrox became convinced of her innocence, and was set to break her out of prison when the truth was revealed by Rhapsody, showing she was responsible for Sharp's death. Madrox then change his mind and left, feeling betrayed.
Rachel was eventually found guilty of Sharp's death and sentenced to a lengthy prison term, despite her efforts to prove her innocence.
She moved to San Francisco when the X-Men relocated there and invited mutantkind to join them, offering a safe haven for mutants, and manifested pacifically during the riots generated by the clash of the Humanity Now! Coalition and the mutants and tolerant parts of the city.
Rhapsody is a mutant who displayed the following powers:
- Psycho Sonic Conduction/Reality Warping: This is usually achieved through her playing her own violin - she could manifest various effects:
She is a talented violinist.
A violin and a piccolo (in case of emergency).
- 7 Appearances of Rachel Argosy (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Rachel Argosy (Earth-616)
- Media Rachel Argosy (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 7 Images featuring Rachel Argosy (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Rachel Argosy (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Rachel Argosy (Earth-616)
- uncannyxmen.net Character Profiles: Rhapsody
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|