Years ago, the man called Reed Richards, along with three others, stole a Skrullship and tried to escape the Skrull rulled Earth, however, they came across cosmic waves which mutated them and caused the ship to crash. One of the crew died, and the others, Reed included, mutated. They were captured and forced to battle in the arena. However, Reed managed to escape and set up a secret lab to, together with Sam Wilson, find a way to get rid of the Skrulls.
After Sam Wilson brough the reality hopping Exiles to Reed, they explained that they didn't known how many more realities they had to visit till they returned home, and thus far this world had been the most difficult one. Reed explained that it took him years to study the Skrull system of knowledge. Blink commented that they almost made a full "Fantastic Four", but naturally Reed didn't get the analogy. Right then, Sam Wilson interrupted, one of Reed's inventions picked up something from the Skrull headquarter. They learned that the Skrulls had lost all communication off-planet and were panicking.
After Terrax arrived on Earth and was killed by the heroes, Quicksilver and the Banner Beast broke into the weapons arsenal, Reed started already exploring the weapons and their possibilities and made fast progress.
During the battle with Galactus, Reed was at the infirmary of the command central, looking after those that have been wounded in the battle with Galactus. After Galactus was driven off, Thunderbird was found to be either brain dead or in a deep coma, probably to never wake up. After the Exiles left this world, accompanied by a new member called Sasquatch, they left Thunderbird in the care of Reed Richards and the other heroes of this world. Thunderbird was later transported to the Panoptichron.
Gifted superhuman powers by cosmic rays bombarding his body.
Hyper-Intelligence: Reed Richards' natural mental abilities were greatly augmented by the Cosmic Rays that gave him his powers.
Plasticity: The walls of Reed's cellular structured are polymerized, causing them to be elasticized to form an unbreakable bond at an atomic level, enabling him to stretch, contort and reshape his molecules in a near-endless myriad of choices. Reed Richards possesses the ability to convert the mass of his entire body into a highly malleable state at will. How his body's respiration and circularity systems function at these distorted extremes is as yet unknown. Reed Richards can alter his form in a matter of seconds, often much less (depending on the complexity of the shape), and revert to his normal humanoid shape within a similar time. The greater the distance he stretches or the more extended the size of the object he becomes, the weaker his overall strength becomes. Reed Richards' transformation to a malleable state is reflexive and nearly instantaneous: if he was in his normal form and taken unaware by machine gun fire, his body would absorb the bullet's impact through radical deformation. Reed Richards' skin is virtually impervious to laceration or punctures unless he willfully relaxes his reflexive control over small areas of his body. In this case, scalpels and ordinary needles can penetrate his skin.
- Shape Changing: Mister Fantastic can stretch, deform, expand, or compress his entire body or parts thereof into any contiguous shape he can imagine for a variety of uses.
- Canopy, Parachute or Sheath: Mister Fantastic can extend his body in two directions, creating a canopy, parachute, or sheath, its thickness determined by the extent of its distention.
- Gliding: Mister Fantastic can transform himself into aerodynamic shapes such as parachutes or hang-gliders. In this form he can support an additional 1000 pounds (enough to hold the rest of Fantastic Four, even the Thing).
- Cushion: Mister Fantastic may form his elastic form into a trampoline and other cushion-like objects, allowing him to safely catch falling people and objects.
- Sling Shot: Mister Fantastic may use his elastic form as a slingshot to hurl objects with great force.
- Fist Weapons: Mister Fantastic may form his fists into large hammers, maces, etc., which improve his physical effectiveness in hand-to-hand combat.
- Bouncing Ball: Mister Fantastic can transform himself into any of a number of resilient shapes, such as balls or springs that allow him to leap or bounce great distances.
- Two-Dimensionality: Mister Fantastic can flatten himself completely.
- Open Locks: Mister Fantastic may form his fingers into various types of keys, allowing him to open most forms of mechanical locks.
- Wind Generation: Mister Fantastic may form his hands into fans, allowing him to generate wind by twirling them at great speeds.
- Semi-Solid Liquid State: Mister Fantastic can willfully reduce his body into an almost liquid state in order to flow out of small cracks or passages, even through needle-sized holes.
Scientific Genius-Level Intellect: Reed Richards is one of the most intelligent beings on the planet. Reed possesses a mastery of electrical, mechanical and aerospace engineering, electronics, chemistry, all levels of physics, and human and alien biology.
Reed Richards possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
A radio he invented.
- 3 Appearances of Reed Richards (Earth-5692)
- Minor Appearances of Reed Richards (Earth-5692)
- Media Reed Richards (Earth-5692) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Reed Richards (Earth-5692)
- Quotations by or about Reed Richards (Earth-5692)
- Character Gallery: Reed Richards (Earth-5692)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|