- —Crimson Cavalier[src]
The Crimson Cavalier ran the gangs of Marseilles and Les Apache thugs of Paris before joining the Freedom's Five to fight during the WWI in the name of his country. He fought alongside the other members of the team against the Germans and Baron Blood during World War One.
In 1917, when the Freedom's Five were in their base planning an attack on a mad scientist called Dr. Ursula Frankenstein, the heroes received the message that mysterious creatures were attacking the streets of London, which were later revealed to be invaders from Mars. The invasion was repelled with the help of a mysterious team with high-tech led by a man later identified as Eben Stafford, and the aliens were forced to flee.
By 1922 the Crimson Cavalier had already returned to his criminal ways.
Powers and Abilities
Master Combatant: The Crimson Cavalier is a master combatant, having mastered savate, the French art of foot-fighting.
Expert Swordsman: The Crimson Cavalier is also an expert swordsman.
Expert Marksman: The Crimson Cavalier is an expert in handling firearms.
The Crimson Cavalier used a rapier.
- It has been implied that the Swordsman may have been his descendant, and was inspired by him to put on his costume. His alias would also seem to suggest that he was related to Georges Batroc, although there is no further proof for that hypothesis.
- Despite having been named in Vampires: The Marvel Undead #1, he appeared as Jean-Luc Batroc in All-New Invaders #12. Though this may seem to suggest that the two are different characters, there has been no proof that the original Crimson Cavalier had been replaced.
- 3 appearance(s) of René Duquesne (Earth-616)
- 1 minor appearance(s) of René Duquesne (Earth-616)
- 1 mentions of René Duquesne (Earth-616)
- 4 image(s) of René Duquesne (Earth-616)
- 1 quotation(s) by or about René Duquesne (Earth-616)