When Rhonda Fleming first arrived in the United States of America at the age of five, she was awestruck by the Manhattan skyline, especially the World Trade Center. She grew up to work at the tower and might have died on 9/11 if she was not late to work. In any case, the event caused her to become disillusioned with God, believing he had abandoned his worshipers.
The New God
Dr. Fleming was asked to help research a Terrigen Crystal provided by Queen Medusa who sought Parker Industries' assistance in developing countermeasures to the deadly effects being experienced by mutants; however, without proper safeguards in place, due to the incorrect belief that nobody in the lab possessed Inhuman genes, Rhonda was exposed to Terrigen Mist and entered into a cocoon, which was stolen by Lash, who was pursued by Spider-Man, before teleporting to Mount Nyiragongo in the Congo, where Rhonda finally emerged.
She awoke with a god complex and renamed herself Glorianna. She tried to convince people that she was God's replacement. She came in conflict with Spider-Man, but when Jasmine arrived at the scene of their battle, Glorianna was shocked and accidentally threw her attack at Jasmine instead of Spider-Man. Guilt ridden, Rhonda teleported to the Rocky Mountains and hid in seclusion.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Strength
- Telekinesis: Glorianna can move objects with her mind at will.
- Teleportation One of her powers includes being able to warp others and/or herself to any designated spot she wishes almost instantaneously.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Rhonda was Catholic.
- 4 appearance(s) of Rhonda Fleming (Earth-616)
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Rhonda Fleming (Earth-616)
- 2 mentions of Rhonda Fleming (Earth-616)
- 7 image(s) of Rhonda Fleming (Earth-616)
- 2 quotation(s) by or about Rhonda Fleming (Earth-616)