Appearing in "Hammer & Chisel"
- En Sabah Nur (Main story and flashback)
- Clan Akkaba (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Sandstormers (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Baal of the Crimson Sands (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- unnamed warriors (Main story and flashback)
Races and Species:
- Earth (circa 3000 BC) (Main story and flashback)
- Eye of Ages (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Hammer & Chisel"
Part 1 of 4. 5000 years ago, a gray-skinned and facially disfigured baby is born among a tribe called Akkba on the borderlands of the ancient Egyptian civilization, and was cast out to die. However, Baal, the leader of a clan of warrior-nomads called Sandstormers, saves the boy, believing that “this child is destined for greatness.”
Nearly two decades later, the pharaoh Rama-Tut receives news from his vizier Logos about “a young outlander of bizarre appearance…of prodigious strength of will and body,” known as En Sabah Nur, for whom the pharaoh has been searching for years. Rama-Tut sends Logos along with his chief war general Ozymandias to destroy the Sandstormers and retrieve the young mutant.
Meanwhile among the Sandstormers, En Sabah Nur successfully overcomes his first battle, killing three tribesmen who sought to ostracize him once again. He is then taken underground by Baal, into the secret chambers comprising Rama-Tut’s crashed time-ship. Baal reveals that he himself found Rama-Tut after his crash and nursed him back to health, only to see Rama-Tut turn on him, destroy most of his tribe, and seize the pharaoh’s crown with his futuristic technology. Baal tells En Sabah Nur that he saw his face among the mysterious designs and emblems within the ship, and this is why he believes he is destined to overthrow Rama-Tut. En Sabah Nur seizes a mysterious, powerful artifact and vows to use it against Rama-Tut.
Directly above them at the surface, Ozymandias’s army clashes with the Sandstormers, who were waiting for the attack, but both armies are swallowed by a massive cave-in. Logos returns to Rama-Tut with news of the catastrophe, but the pharaoh is unperturbed, because he is certain En Sabah Nur will have survived. He says he will be waiting for him when he emerges.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Rise of Apocalypse Vol 1 1 on the forums
- 7 Image(s) from Rise of Apocalypse Vol 1 1
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|