Red Sonja also traveled the Road of Kings. Once, she crossed paths with a caravan and was approached by a young girl, Gerta. She presented herself as a soldier, but Gerta's mother came and grabbed her away, in fear of Red Sonja whom she believed to a mercenary. ...
When he led an insurrection against King Numedides of Aquilonia, Conan established camps in Argos along the Road of Kings while marching towards Aquilonia and its westernmost province Poitain. Thulandra Thuu used it to go west, to Poitain, and crossed the great bridge over the Khoratas.
A few months after claiming the throne of Aquilonia, King Conan was informed that the Road of Kings was in need of repairs along an unspecificed section.
The Road of Kings was a road in the Hyborian Age leading from Messantia, in Argos. It also passed by the seaport of Venzia, then went east went east, crossing the Didymian Hills, the roots of the Astarr river and Saxula Pass.
Crossing the fords of the Alimane River, into Poitain, Aquilonia. The road kept east, passing in Culario, through Brocellian Forest and the Giant's Notch of the Imirian Escarpmenst, leaving Poitain and going north, passed in Elymia, crosssed the Khorotas River over the Great Bridge, then followed it north-east, passing through the capital Tarantia. It eventually crossed Numalia, the second major center of Nemedia and where the Road of Kings met with another major caravan highway, Corinthia's countryside (the country was never one of its major stops) passed off Atilleos, and by King Kerbogha's city-state of Polopponi, Zamora, Khauran, and finally Turan.
On some section along the road were giant broken statues of human or human-like figures.
- 5 Appearances of Road of Kings
- 1 Minor Appearances of Road of Kings
- 4 Media Road of Kings was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Road of Kings
- Location Gallery: Road of Kings
- 2 locations in Road of Kings
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Savage Sword of Conan #39; A Gazetteer of the Hyborian Age: Road of Kings' entry
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Handbook of the Conan Universe #1; Argos' entry
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Handbook of the Conan Universe #1; Nemedia's entry
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Handbook of the Conan Universe #1; Corinthia's entry
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Conan the Barbarian Vol 3 #1; The Life & Death of Conan: part one – The Weird of the Crimson Witch
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Marvel Graphic Novel #59; Conan the Barbarian: The Horn of Azoth
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Savage Sword of Conan #51; Satyrs' Blood
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Savage Sword of Conan #228; Lions of Corinthia
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Conan the Barbarian #255; Part IV: The Priests of the Purple
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #190; Skull on the Seas Part One
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #192; Red Sonja: On The Road of Kings
- ↑ Conan the Barbarian #67; Talons of the Man-Tiger!
- ↑ Conan the Barbarian Vol 3 #4; The Life & Death of Conan: part four - The King in The Cage