Robert Frank was a volunteer for the super-soldier program during World War II. The original super-soldier formula which created Captain America had been destroyed by Nazi spies, but scientists were able to create an imperfect version of the serum. Thus, each of the five volunteers were affected differently, and Frank gained the ability to run at great speeds, calling himself the "Whizzer". The five volunteers and Captain America formed the Six American Warriors.
As a member of the American Six, Whizzer embarked on many adventures. However, when they tried to stop the Red Skull from acquiring a doomsday device, Captain America became trapped in a vortex along with the Skull. After the war ended, the remaining five were ordered to disband.
Fifty years later, the Six American Warriors were reunited when Captain America was released from the vortex. However, the Red Skull was also released, and continued his doomsday plot, turning his son into Electro. The six teamed up with Spider-Man to stop Electro, but Cap became re-trapped in the vortex. The other five, including Whizzer, went back into retirment.
As a result of the super-soldier serum, Whizzer had the ability to run at great speeds.
Since their powers wore off after a while, the six (bar Captain America) rationed their powers with rings.
- The character was voiced by Walker Edmiston in Spider-Man: The Animated Series. His younger self was voiced by Cain Devore.
- 3 Appearances of Robert Frank (Earth-92131)
- Minor Appearances of Robert Frank (Earth-92131)
- Media Robert Frank (Earth-92131) was Mentioned in
- 4 Images featuring Robert Frank (Earth-92131)
- Quotations by or about Robert Frank (Earth-92131)
- Character Gallery: Robert Frank (Earth-92131)
- Characters killed by Whizzer
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|