- —Senator Kelly[src]
Senator Kelly was a staunchly anti-mutant United States Senator. He argued that mutants made normal people afraid and that mutants should be registered in order to know who they were and what they could do. He believed the American people had a right to decide if they wanted to send their children to school with mutants or to be taught by mutants.
He was kidnapped by Mystique of the Brotherhood of Mutants and was subjected to a process that turned him into a mutant. Unbeknownst to Magneto, the process was ultimately fatal, culminating in Kelly's body rejecting the unnatural gene and killing him by turning his body into a in a malleable jellyfish-like form. He died while in the custody of the X-Men.
Powers and Abilities
- Jellyfish-like form (these powers were unsuccessful and proved fatal)
Kelly was a persuasive public speaker
Normal human male with moderate regular exercise
- Bruce Davison portrayed Senator Kelly in the film X-Men and made a brief appearance in X2, as one of Mystique's transformations.
- 2 appearance(s) of Robert Kelly (Earth-10005)
- 1 mention(s) of Robert Kelly (Earth-10005)
- 1 image(s) of Robert Kelly (Earth-10005)
- 1 quotation(s) by or about Robert Kelly (Earth-10005)