Appearing in "Arrival!"
- Brandy Clark (First appearance)
- Dire Wraiths (First appearance) (Unnamed)
- Wraith Warfleet (Only in flashback)
- Clara Knowles (First appearance)
- Prime Director (First appearance)
- Jonathan Clark (First appearance)
- Sarah Clark (First appearance)
- Deathwings (First appearance)
- Rom's Energy Analyzer (First appearance)
- Rom's Neutralizer (First appearance)
- Rom's Translator (First appearance)
- Wraith Disruptor (First appearance)
- Wraith Cruiser (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Arrival!"
Rom arrives on Earth and encounters Brandy Clark for the first time, saving her from a car crash on the highway. Rom arrives in the town of Clairton, West Virginia ahead of Brandy and banishes a number of Wraiths sending the populace into a panic. Wraiths embedded into the community contact superiors who send the National Guard to deal with Rom but they lack the ability to hurt the Spaceknight.
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
- A group of Marvel creators plotted this issue before Mantlo came on board as writer (including Jim Shooter, an important part of the group who provided "some critical ideas") according to editor Jo Duffy.
- Page 1 of the story by Buscema was heavily based on art from a sales pitch by Marvel to Parker Brothers, by Romita Jr. and Severin, though they did not directly work on this issue.
|Like this? Let us know!|