Appearing in "The Blood-Trail!"
- Wraith-Hunter Rangers (First appearance)
- Dr. Garrison (First appearance)
- Hulk (Bruce Banner) (Only in flashback)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Only in flashback)
- Wasp (Janet van Dyne) (Only in flashback)
- Giant-Man (Henry Pym) (Only in flashback)
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Only in flashback)
- Thor (Only in flashback)
- Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
- Rom's Neutralizer
- Eye of Agamotto
- Cloak of Levitation
- Captain America's Shield (Only in flashback)
- Mjolnir (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The Blood-Trail!"
In the city of Atlanta, Georgia, a S.H.I.E.L.D. ESPer agent leads specially trained soldiers of Project Wraith-Watch, accompanied by Rom and Starshine, into the sewers below. There they find a horde of Wraiths torturing humans. The Wraiths lash out at the ESPer agent and slay him. Rom and Starshine immediately attack with vengeance followed soon behind by the soldiers who have orders to shoot to kill. After dispatching the Wraiths, it is discovered that the captives have all been drained of their blood. At nearby Mercy Hospital, Rick Jones checks in to find out what is wrong with him. Back at the S.H.I.E.L.D. ESPer unit, another group prepares to track the Wraiths despite their complete vulnerability to Wraith magic. Doctor Strange arrives and imbues the ESPer agents with a spell to protect them from Wraith psycho-sorcerous assaults and then departs. Soon after, one agent sees horror at Mercy Hospital. At the hospital Rick Jones awaits the results of his tests as a sinister force enters the hospital’s blood bank. There the Wraiths infuse the entire blood supply with the tainted blood they created from their victims. The Doctor arrives and gives Rick the news that he has an incurable cancer from his exposure to gamma radiation and that he will need to replace his irradiated blood with transfusions. A nurse approaches with some of the Wraith tainted blood to perform the transfusion as Rom and Starshine soar towards Mercy Hospital.
|Like this? Let us know!|