In 1946, Roxxon Oil Corporation was led by Hugh Jones. One of their factories was the location for the exchange between Leet Brannis and one of Roxxon's scientists Dr. Miles Van Ert for the fatal Nitromene bomb, based on one of Howard Stark's formulas. Agent Peggy Carter, with the help of Stark's butler Edwin Jarvis, managed to infiltrate the facility. However, Brannis used one of the bombs, and blew up the factory.
Roxxon operated an oil rig in the New Orleans Lake Borgne which exploded in 2010 due to the extreme amount of pressure on the valves. The rig released a blast of unknown energy, granting superhuman abilities relating to light and darkness to Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, respectively. The blast was also indirectly responsible for the deaths of Nathan Bowen and Billy Johnson. Roxxon's Chief Executive of Risk Management, Peter Scarborough, was a corrupt and selfish individual who discredited Nathan Bowen, causing his family to suffer financial losses. Scarborough sent an assassin to kill anyone investigating the Bowens' case and destroy evidence of Bowen's work.
In one of his public videos, The Mandarin threatened to kill accountant Thomas Richards from the Roxxon Oil Company if President Ellis of the United States failed to call him within 30 seconds. Although the president complied with the request, the Mandarin ignored the call and, in a mock execution, pretended to shoot Richards in the head. Leading the President and all other viewers to believe Richards had been executed. Tony Stark and Col. Rhodes traced Aldrich Killian to the Roxxon Norco, a salvaged oil tanker, where Killian intended to kill President Ellis on live television.
A Roxxon gas station was blown up by Tobias Ford during one of the missions of Phil Coulson's S.H.I.E.L.D. team. While Grant Ward was packing his baggage, a newspaper headline mentioned Roxxon was scheduled to cut 10,000 jobs.
As of 2018, a huge advertisement in Gordon Hotel, Los Angeles, announced that Roxxon Energy would open local offices in Hollywood, while also claiming that the company's commitment involved ecological cleaning of seasides and oceans.
Eight years after the Lake Borgne oil rig explosion, Peter Scarborough also ignored the impending disaster which led to the creation and spread of Terrors throughout New Orleans, though this was stopped by the combined powers of Tandy and Tyrone.
Transportation: Formerly the Norco
- Marvel's Cloak & Dagger was the first installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to extensively feature the corporation, as it shows up as a recurring underlying antagonist in the series.
- 8 Roxxon Corporation (Earth-199999) Members
- 19 Appearances of Roxxon Corporation (Earth-199999)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Roxxon Corporation (Earth-199999)
- 21 Media Roxxon Corporation (Earth-199999) was Mentioned in
- 7 Images that include Roxxon Corporation (Earth-199999)
- Organization Gallery: Roxxon Corporation (Earth-199999)
Links and References
- Iron Man (film)
- Marvel's Agent Carter Season 1 1
- Marvel's Cloak & Dagger Season 1 1
- Marvel's Runaways Season 2 8
- Iron Man 3 (film)
- Marvel's Cloak & Dagger Season 1 7
- Marvel's Cloak & Dagger Season 1 4
- Marvel's Cloak & Dagger Season 1 9
- Iron Man 2 (film)
- Marvel One-Shot: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer
- Marvel: The Avengers Prelude: Fury's Big Week #2
- Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 9
- Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 7
- Marvel's Cloak & Dagger Season 1 10