Ruthar was an Atlantean pirate who teamed up with the mutated criminal called Zoga. The duo formed a band of pirates who robbed military ship and stole their weapons. They formed an alliance with human, deliberately led ships to them to pillage. Zoga and Ruthar made their base operations within a section of the Dead Zone free of toxic gases and chemicals, so not to harm his pirating allies
One of robberies was seen by Namor, who followed the group back to their base. Zoga used his mutated sharks to attack the Sub-Mariner, but he managed to wound one, causing the others to attack it in a feeding frenzy.
Namor easily defeated Ruthar, and hunted for Zoga. After a brief fight the Sub-Mariner, who was weakened by poisons of the Dead Zone, impaled Zoga with his own spikes, and his bleeding attracted a his mutated sharks and they attacked. Namor left pirates for dead, and then blew up his secret base.
- Atlantean Abilities: Ruthar possesses the conventional attributes of Homo mermanus: gills that extract oxygen from water, superhuman physiology to withstand extreme pressures and temperatures, and acute vision. He can swim at approximately 30 miles per hour. He can remain out of water for approximately nine minutes before beginning to suffocate. However, he can operate on the surface by wearing a water-filled helmet or using a chemical that enables him to draw oxygen from the air.
- 1 Appearances of Ruthar (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Ruthar (Earth-616)
- Media Ruthar (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Ruthar (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Ruthar (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Ruthar (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|