The S-Men were formed by the resurrected Red Skull as an antithesis to Professor X's X-Men with a mission totally opposite to Xavier's. Red Skull recruited servants and enhanced them using mad science and magical artifacts, creating the S-Men, with the main objective to protect humanity by destroying mutantkind.
Their first recorded mission was the retrieval of Professor X's corpse from his mausoleum so Red Skull would fuse part of his brain with his in order to gain powerful telepathic powers. They detonated an explosion at the mausoleum to temporarily conceal the theft.
In the months that followed they would try to recruit Jet Black to their cause and would be sent out into the world by the Red Skull on their third recorded mission to capture mutants, Inhumans, and members of the Avengers Unity Division.
March to AXIS
Most of the S-Men were killed by Magneto when he infiltrated Genosha soon after the Red Skull turned it into a mutant concentration camp. The only surviving members were Honest John, the Dangerous Jinn, and the nameless monk.
Transportation: Formally Dancing Water's aquatic teleportation.
- The S-Men are named after their founder's surname Shmidt which is the Red Skull's real surname. Reflecting erroneous assumption commonly made that the "X"-men are named after Xavier
- With the possible exception of Dancing Water, it seems that all of the S-Men have their powers derived from magic or some form of super-science. Their leader The Red Skull combined Xavier's brain with his own in a similar manner to the U-Men, though through the expertise of his partner Arnim Zola.
- 9 S-Men (Earth-616) Members
- 11 Appearances of S-Men (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of S-Men (Earth-616)
- Media S-Men (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 4 Images that include S-Men (Earth-616)
- Team Gallery: S-Men (Earth-616)