In light of Hydra's resurgence and increased use of guerilla tactics to spread fear across the Western world, Captain America and Sharon Carter proposed to the U.S. Senate Select Committee the creation of a bill known as the "S.H.I.E.L.D. Act" in order to expand the reach of the peacekeeping agency. The S.H.I.E.L.D. Act was eventually signed into law with bipartisan support in Congress.
The act dramatically expanded S.H.I.E.L.D.'s authority within the United States of America in areas of law enforcement, mass sureillance, ressource allocation, to the point of allowing S.H.I.E.L.D. to become a de facto "top cop" in the event of a national state of emergency.
- Appearances of S.H.I.E.L.D. Act
- 1 Minor Appearances of S.H.I.E.L.D. Act
- 7 Media S.H.I.E.L.D. Act was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring S.H.I.E.L.D. Act
- Item Gallery: S.H.I.E.L.D. Act