The Sakaarans are a humanoid race that hail from the planet Sakaar. The species is split into two ethnic groups: the red-skinned Sakaaran Imperials and the grey-skinned Shadow People. The red-skins are the ruling class whilst the grey-skins live as nomadic warriors, or in small villages around the planet. 
The people are ruled by the Red King, whose empire stretches across the planet. The Sakaaran Imperials and Shadow People are both loyal to him as they believe him to be the prophesized Sakaarson.
The Sakaarans live a lifestyle similar to the ancient Roman empire. The people outside of the cities live a relatively basic agrarian lifestyle, with little to no advanced technology.
Thanks to the portal, the Sakaarans have advanced technology derived from crashed ships that they have scavenged. They have advanced energy weapons, translators, battle armor and robots.
The Sakaarans share the planet with another indigenous race called the "Natives". These are small insectoid like humanoids that live in the harsh deserts of Sakaar. They are primitive and easily conquered by the Red King's armies. Yet another race are the "Spikes", who are spore-like creatures that infect a host, and continue to kill and replicate.
The Sakaarans also have to deal with other life forms who have fallen through the portal. These are usually captured on their arrival and taken to the arena to take part in gladiatorial combat for the people's pleasure and entertainment.
Marvel Cinematic Universe (Earth-199999)
An army of Sakaarans were led by Ronan the Accuser on a crusade against the Nova Empire, partaking in the attack on Knowhere and Xandar. They appear to be based on the Sakaaran 'Natives', from what was seen from one's open helmet.
Powers and Abilities
Various, as there are different races, here is a list of the powers of the Oldstrongs
- Old Power: Oldstrongs can willfully channel an energy force native to the planet Sakaar itself for the purpose of increasing some of their natural attributes to superhuman levels.
- Superhuman Strength: Oldstrongs can channel the Old Power through their bodys for the purpose of granting themselves superhuman strength of undefined limits. While the upper limits of their strength wasn't revealed, they could lift somewhere between 75 and 100 tons
- Superhuman Stamina: While using the Old Power, the Oldstrong's musculature is considerably advanced to the point where it produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the muscularity of a human being. While the limits of their stamina weren't revealed, they can physically exert themselves at peak capacity for at least several hours before the build up fatigue toxins in their blood begins to impair them.
- Superhuman Durability: The Old Power renders an Oldstrong's body highly resistant to most forms of physical injury. They can withstand powerful blows from the Hulk, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, falls from great heights, and powerful blasts of energy without sustaining injury
The Oldstrongs are highly skilled and formidable fighters in both armed and unarmed combat. They are also accomplished and skilled military strategists
Gravity: Same as Earth
Atmosphere: Same as Earth
Type of Government: Monarchy
Level of Technology: Mostly weapons, though in general inferior to Earth
Representatives: * Red King Former ruler of Sakaar
- Caiera the Oldstrong Queen of Sakaar
- 72 representatives of Sakaarans
- Appearances of Sakaarans
- Minor Appearances of Sakaarans
- Media Sakaarans was Mentioned in
- Race Gallery: Sakaarans
- Images of Sakaarans