Appearing in "The Sleeper Beneath the Sands"
- Olgerd Vladislav / "Yffan" (Apparent death)
- Sleeper / Sleeper Beneath the Sands / One Who Sleeps Beneath the Sands (First appearance)
- Dhira (Only appearance; dies)
- Ahmed Mullah (Only appearance; dies)
- Dhira and Ahmed Mullah's caravan
- Unnamed Hyrkanian horse-archer (Mentioned)
- Yezdigerd (Mentioned)
- Astoreth (Invoked)
- Ishtar (Invoked)
- Salome (Referenced)
- Mitra (Invoked)
- Crom (Invoked)
- Turanian soldiers
Races and Species:
- Gods (Mentioned)
- Elder Gods (Mentioned)
- Elder Gods / "Elder Spirits"
- Dinosaurs (Only in flashback)
- Lemuria (Mentioned)
- Thurian Continent (Mentioned)
- Atlantis (Mentioned)
- Hell (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "The Sleeper Beneath the Sands"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "People of the Dark"
- Richard Brent (First appearance) (In Modern Age)
- Eleanor Rand (First appearance) (In Modern Age)
- Tamera (First appearance) (In Hyborian Age)
- Gaeric (First appearance) (In Hyborian Age)
- Aquilonian Army and their Gundermen allies (In Hyborian Age)
- People of the Dark / Children of the Night (In Modern and Hyborian Ages)
Races and Species:
- Little People / People of the Dark (First appearance)
- Dwarves (Mentioned)
- Elves (Mentioned)
- Trolls (Mentioned)
- Hell (Invoked)
Synopsis for "People of the Dark"
Immediately after the Battle of Venarium, Conan stalks through the streets and spies Tamera and Gaeric, her lover. As the men fight, Tamera steals away into a nearby cave. The men briefly put aside their differences when they hear Tamera's terrified scream. The men separate and Conan eventually stumbles across a black altar with Tamera and Gaeric bound to it. A race of reptile/spider/humanoid creatures are planning to sacrifice them. Conan frees them and they escape through the caverns to a waterfall, where they split up again. The creatures chase Tamera and Gaeric to one side of the falls, and they fight and fall to their deaths, while Conan, safe on the opposite bank, escapes the other way.
- The Sleeper beneath the Sands is an original story by Roy Thomas meant as a sequel to A Witch Shall Be Born (Savage Sword of Conan #5): At that time, Roy Thomas couldn't use the sequel The Flame Knife by Robert E. Howard and L. Sprague de Camp, as Marvel Comics had obtained the rights only to REH material. He consequently created his own sequel.
- Later arrangements were made, allowing Marvel to use all Conan stories, whatever the author, and The Flame Knife was adapted in Savage Sword of Conan #31–#32, but some inconsistencies existed between the two sequels.
- Mirror of the Manticore (Savage Sword of Conan #58) was later published, Roy Thomas having asked REH-expert Fred Blosser to plot a story, in order to tie all the loose ends together.
- People of the Dark is freely adapted from the story by Robert E. Howard, which is considered as part of the Cthulhu Mythos.
- Synopsis by YardIHS.
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
- Savage Sword of Conan #58; Mirror of the Manticore's preface
- Savage Sword of Conan #59; The City of Skulls' preface
- "Nameless Cults: The Cthulhu Mythos Fiction of Robert E. Howard" is a collection of Cthulhu Mythos short stories by Robert E. Howard. It was first published in 2001 by Chaosium Press.
|Like this? Let us know!|