Appearing in "The Fangs of the Serpent"
- Tamera (First and only known appearance; dies)
- Xka'Ahk (First and only known appearance; dies)
- Unnamed lady (First appearance)
- Unnamed lady's Kushite servants (First and only known appearance; dies)
- Zamboulan guards
- Shamash-Shum-Ukin's Egyptian henchmen (First appearance)
- Zuagirs (Referenced)
- Satrap of Zamboula (Mentioned)
- Unnamed ferryman (First and only known appearance; dies)
- F'sarr Bel Trann (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Alhambra (Only in recap)
- "A certain carpenter" (Mentioned)
Deities and Invocations:
- Ishtar (Invoked)
- Set (Mentioned)
- Crom (Invoked)
- Mitra (Invoked)
- Aton (Invoked)
- Morrigan (Invoked)
- Macha (Invoked)
Races and Species:
- Tarantia (Referenced)
- Vendhya (Referenced)
- Shadizar (Referenced)
- Khorshemish (Mentioned)
- Khitai (Mentioned)
- Cimmeria (Mentioned)
- River Styx
- Stygia (Hyboria)
- Vilayet (Referenced)
- Kush (Mentioned)
- Hyrkania (Mentioned)
- Brythunia (Mentioned)
- Akbitana (Only in recap)
- Well at the Center of Time (Only in recap)
- Atlantis (Only in recap) (Only in flashback)
- Egypt (Mentioned)
- Seven Hells (Invoked)
- Amulet (First appearance)
- Fangs of Xka'akh (First appearance)
- Ferryman's barge (First and only known appearance; destruction)
Events and Eras:
Synopsis for "The Fangs of the Serpent"
While in Zamboula, Conanis is warned by a necromancer (an entrails-reader) of the danger of Xka'Ahk. He rescues the Brythunian servant girl Tamera from Shamash-Shum-Ukin's men. She says that by using the Fangs of Xka'Ahk they can destroy the demon.
Appearing in "Death of the Mind - Rebirth of the Soul"
- Bront (Emmanuel Cody # 09346-NW2)
- Sorena (First appearance)
- Inquisitor (First and only known appearance)
- Citizen 09339-NC7
- Earth-81165 (First appearance)
- Backworld (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Death of the Mind - Rebirth of the Soul"
Citizen 09346-NW2 is condemned for crimes against society, mind-wiped, and exiled to the planet Backworld.
- The Fangs of the Serpent:
- The story references Savage Sword Vol 1 7, the previous and first appearance of Shamash-Shum-Ukin.
- Shamash-Shum-Ukin states that four or five millenia from then, there's "a certain carpenter who'll be performing miracles". While it seems an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, the datation seems wrong, as the Age of Conan is set about 10,000 BC.