Appearing in "Night of the Dark God"
- Unnamed Vanir fisherman (First appearance)
- Mala, daughter of Hafgar (First appearance) (Death) (Only in flashback)
- Brogar (First appearance)
- Vanir raiders (Only appearance; dies)
- Unnamed Vanir fisherman's wife (Dead) (Mentioned)
- Yag-Kosha (Recap)
- Unnamed Man-Serpent (Sschaaronn) (Recap)
- Thak (Recap)
- Grim Grey God (Recap) (Also invoked as Bori)
- "Evil Picts" (Corpses)
- Brule, the Spear-Slayer (Statue)
- Conan's tribe (Only in flashback)
- Hafgar of the Hillmen (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Crom (Invoked)
- Priest of Mitra
- Mitra (Mentioned)
- Dagda (Invoked)
- Diancecht (Invoked)
- Hodar (Invoked)
- King Kull (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Zamorian Coins (Mentioned)
- Dark God idol (First appearance)
- Unnamed Vanir fisherman's boat (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Night of the Dark God"
Conan, feeling a longing for home has ridden straight through to Cimmeria and his home village, which he discovers has recently been raided by Vanir and a childhood friend taken. He tracks the Vanir and borrows a boat from a fisherman to finish the journey to the Isle of Swords. He finds an boatload of dead Picts floating on the sea, and takes a surprisingly lightweight statue he finds on board with him on his journey. Finally, he reaches the Isle of Swords and begins to spy on the Vanir encampment. The Vanir find his boat and take the statute to their camp, but for them, the statue is impossibly heavy. Conan makes his way into the camp, killing witnesses, until he finds the drinking-hall, where Mara is about to be an unwilling bride to the brigands' leader, Thorfel. Before anyone can act, though, Mara steals Thorfel's dagger and plunges it into her chest. Enraged, Conan bursts from hiding and begins to slaughter the brigands. The odds begin to turn against the barbarian, until the doors burst open and the hall is full of the dead Pict sailors, resurrected by the Dark God statue that sits in the hall. Conan is free to find and kill Thorfel, then he sails quietly away.
Appearing in "The Crusader"
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "The Crusader"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The Dweller in the Dark"
- Queen Yaila (First appearance)
- Soldiers of Zahmahn and servants of Fatima (First appearance)
- Queen Fatima (Only appearance; dies)
- Dweller in the Dark (First appearance)
Races and Species:
- Hell (Invoked)
Synopsis for "The Dweller in the Dark"
Conan is surprised by a pack of soldiers from the city Zahmahn as he attempts to drink from a protected spring.The Cimmerian kills the captain of the guards and knocked by another soldier,in fear that the queen may,question them,as who killed her favorite. The soldiers manage to get the best of the weary barbarian and drag him before their queen, the power-mad Fatima. Impressed by the barbarian, she takes him as her consort for several weeks until Conan makes the mistake of being nice to the slave girl Yaila. The insanely jealous, or maybe just insane, Fatima sentences the two to death in the sewers at the pleasure of the Dweller in the Darkness.Conan is chained next to Yaila,upon an ancient wall,as both hear something coming,from down inside the darkened caverns. Conan manages to break free of the chains that hold him as a huge,pink tentacle reaches around a corner.The Cimmerian and the girl travel down the sewer tunnel just as the Dweller, a giant octopus slithers into view,in a vast chamber beyond.The wretched creature,once human,but now transformed into the thing,it is now lashes out at Conan and female companion.Conan attempts to rescue the girl,Yaila,who snatched up one of the veil creatures tentacles.Even the monster is spongy and hard to cut,Conan manages to slice one of the creatures eyes,blinding it.The monster,now in pain,begins lash out,as the Cimmerian and the girl attempt to find an excite to the problem.
Conan carrying Yaila scramble up a tunnel in the ceiling. Breaking through a manhole, they find themselves in the middle of Fatima and a group of guards. Fed up with the situation, Conan grabs the queen and threatens to throw her down the hole to the monster. Fatima promises Conan anything he wants if he lets her go. Not believing her for a second, Conan tosses her to the Dweller and listens, satisfied, to the screams. Conan turns to face the guards, but is surprised when they cheer; they were fed up with Fatima themselves. Conan takes the opportunity to attempt to make himself king, but when he discovers that Zahmahn only allows queens, names Yaila as the next ruler and, having enough of queens, leaves town.
- synopsis by YardIHS
- "Night of the Dark God" is a loose adaption of Robert Howard's "The Dark Man", starring one of his other recurring heroes Turlogh Dubh O'Brien and featuring a figure of Bran Mak Morn instead of Brule.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Savage Tales Vol 1 4 on the forums
- Images from Savage Tales Vol 1 4
|Like this? Let us know!|