In 1934, Johann Schmidt was recruited by Heinrich Himmler into the SS. After the Night of the Long Knives, he led an attack on the SA weapons testing ground in Kummersdorf. Soon, Schmidt formed his own SS research division, naming it HYDRA. In 1943, during World War II, Adolf Hitler dispatched the three SS officers, Roeder, Schneider, and Hutter, to the HYDRA base in the Alps to demand explanation from Schmidt on his apparent failure to deliver any new weapon designs in over a year. Unbeknownst to them, Schmidt had, in fact, developed advanced weaponry, following the discovery of the Tesseract, but had no intention of delivering them to his fellow Nazis. Instead, his plan was for HYDRA to break away from the Nazi hierarchy and conquer the world itself, by decimating every hostile nation's capitals and major cities, including Berlin. Having exhausted his patience with his former colleagues, Schmidt turned one of his weapons on them and vaporized them one by one.
Weapons: World War II-era firearms
- 6 Schutzstaffel (Earth-199999) Members
- 2 Appearances of Schutzstaffel (Earth-199999)
- Minor Appearances of Schutzstaffel (Earth-199999)
- Media Schutzstaffel (Earth-199999) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images that include Schutzstaffel (Earth-199999)
- Organization Gallery: Schutzstaffel (Earth-199999)