- This "nice long nap" you describe? It's preceded by a death. Not a coma, even -- we're talking about actual, physical death. How traumatic an experience something like that is? To have felt the life drain out of you, and then come back from that? To have known that fear, to have felt that cold -- that changes you. And then to not just live again, but -- most of the people we're talking about, they died fighting. For them to go from that, to back to the front lines, sometimes within an hour's time? Is that something you'd sign up for?
- -- Black Widow
Appearing in 1st story
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) (Main story and flashback)
- The Unexpected Truth
- Dana (Main story and flashback)
- Captain America/Bucky (James Barnes) (Only in flashback)
- Falcon (Sam Wilson) (Only in flashback)
- Secret Avengers (Mentioned)
- Valkyrie (Brunnhilde) (Only in flashback)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Only in flashback)
- Dana's grandfather (Only in flashback) (Death)
- Hydra (Mentioned)
- Hawkeye (Clint Barton) (Mentioned)
- Daredevil (Matt Murdock) (Mentioned)
- Adam Warlock (Mentioned)
- Colossus (Piotr Rasputin) (Mentioned)
- Jean Grey (Mentioned)
- Scott Summers (Mentioned)
- Emma Frost (Mentioned)
- Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse) (Mentioned)
- Red She-Hulk (Betty Ross) (Mentioned)
- Hulk (Bruce Banner) (Mentioned)
- Washington, D.C. (Only in flashback)
- Black Widow's Gauntlets (Main story and flashback)
- Captain America's Shield (Only in flashback)
- Falcon's Wings (Only in flashback)
- Hammer of Skadi (Only in flashback)
- Dragonfang (Only in flashback)
- Hawkeye's Bow (Mentioned)
- Soul Gem (Mentioned)
- Daredevil's Billy Club (Mentioned)
- Mockingbird's Battle Staves (Mentioned)
Synopsis for 1st story
Black Widow tracks down a group of journalist about to post online the death of Bucky. The leader of the journalists, Lori, tells her that she won't shoot because Steve Rogers won't allow her. Reluctantly, Widow holsters her gun. She then goes on to berate them all for thinking to make a profit from exploiting Bucky's name.
Another woman, Dana, says, "Cry me a river", and explains that her grandfather idolized Captain American and Bucky, especially when the former came back. But unlike heroes and villains, regular people don't get second chances, especially with cancer. Widow retorts that when heroes experience death and possibly come back, it is extremely traumatizing for them. Even if they could come back, rebuild their lives, nothing will be the same. Expecting rebirth means not moving, Widow explains to Dana.
Lori then dismisses her staff to have a private talk with Widow. But as Widow prepares to leave, Lori tells her that everyone looks up to heroes, expecting them to be invincible. In response, Lori deletes her post.
FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN
- With her world falling apart around her and the Avengers in disarray, Black Widow undertakes the most dangerous suicide mission of all -- eliminating the evil mastermind behind FEAR ITSELF!
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Secret Avengers Vol 1 15 on the forums
- 2 Images from Secret Avengers Vol 1 15
|Like this? Let us know!|