Appearing in "Secret Histories - Epilogue: The Secret Life of Max Fury"
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (Only in flashback)
- Shadow Council (Main story and flashback)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Photo) (Only in flashback)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Zodiac (Recap)
- Hydra (Only in flashback)
- Avengers (Mentioned)
- Numerous Nick Fury LMDs (Only in flashback)
- Vision (Mentioned)
- Human Torch (Jim Hammond) (Mentioned)
- Defenders (Recap)
- A.I.M. (Only in flashback)
- U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M. (Only in flashback)
- Secret Avengers
Races and Species:
- LMDs (Main story and flashback)
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Asgardians (On-screen in main story and in recap)
- Mutants (On-screen)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- Hell (Invoked)
- Spider-Man's Black Suit (Photo) (Only in flashback)
- Zodiac Key (Only in flashback)
- Hydra Uniforms (Only in flashback)
- Dragonfang (On-screen in main story and recap)
- Cat Suit (Recap)
- Moon Knight's Suit (On-screen)
- War Machine Armor Model 5 (On-screen)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Flying Cars (Main story and flashback)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier (Only in flashback)
- Hydra Blimp (Only in flashback)
- A.I.M. Submarine (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Secret Histories - Epilogue: The Secret Life of Max Fury"
Five years ago in Paris, a man resembling Nick Fury is arrested by S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.
In the present, Steve Rogers and Sharon Carter talk with Nick Fury about the Shadow Council agent that resembles Fury. Recognizing him, Fury tells when his brother Jacob worked with Zodiac as Scorpio. According to Fury, Jacob stole a new Life Model Decoy prototype and reprogrammed it using the Zodiac Key, giving it Fury's memories. This made the LMD think that it actually was Fury. Its AI broke, and when Zodiac fell, it was captured. S.H.I.E.L.D. had never seen anything like it; it was an anomaly: an LMD actually thinking for itself and was held up in the Helicarrier for study.
The LMD was captured and escaped several times. The LMD, believing itself to be the real Fury, began doing things the real Fury would do: stopping terrorist threats. S.H.I.E.L.D. managed to capture the LMD again. A few days later, the LMD was incinerated, or so it seemed.
After finishing the story, Fury is asked by Rogers to identify the uniform the LMD was wearing. Fury says that he hasn't seen it before, to Steve's dismay. Rogers then snaps at Fury for destroying that LMD just for existing. Fury defends that because it had all his memories, it was a liability. Sharon then tells Fury to have his sources look into that uniform and to contact them when they have something.
Five years ago, in the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier, a mysterious man reactivates the LMD and helps it escape. The man tells the LMD that he can help it get a new life and its own name. The man names the LMD Max.
In the present, Max does some research about the Secret Avengers in the Shadow Council headquarters. The mysterious man that helped Max escape, revealed to be John Steele, tells Max that the Secret Avengers will need to be watched or taken down if necessary.
• A secret foe has been revealed - or has he?
• Find out everything you need to know about the OTHER Nick Fury as Secret Avengers continues to explore the volatile landscape of Marvel's new Heroic Age!
- All earlier appearances of Max Fury were depicted in the Zodiac story arc of Defenders #46 through Defenders #51. However, this issue provides "Max's" origin with much more (previously unrevealed) information.
|Like this? Let us know!|