Nick Fury led a group of hand selected superheroes into Latveria on a secret war. The US government didn't sanction the action, the heroes in question (Spider-Man, Captain America, Daredevil, Wolverine, and Luke Cage) don't remember going (...). Fury believed that Latveria and their prime minister Lucia von Bardas (Dr Doom was trapped in Hell back then) were supporting terrorism by equipping B-List super villains with high-tech equipment. Whatever happened during the secret war was bad, it was shameful, and Fury has hidden the truth ever since. Now it's the present and the secret war has returned to bite him. Spidey, Daredevil, Captain America, S.H.I.E.L.D., and the Fantastic Four are facing horde of augmented villains.(...)
- This is the 5-part Secret War storyline from 2004/05, not to be confused with the 12-issue Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars from 1984.
- The books were delayed to the point they were released in the span of over 20 months, initially scheduled for a quarterly release.
- In Secret War #2, an intoxicated Wolverine says he has never seen Spider-Man out of his costume, even though he first saw Peter out of costume in Spider-Man Versus Wolverine, which was released in 1987.
- Secret War was incorporated into the video game Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.
- Media "Secret War" was Mentioned in
- Images showing "Secret War"
- Event Gallery: Secret War
Links and References