The third Serpent Squad was set up by the Roxxon Oil company, via executive Hugh Jones. The team roster consisted of Sidewinder, Anaconda, Black Mamba, and Death Adder. The team was created to retrieve the Serpent Crown. During the mission the battled the Thing and the hero Stingray but the team eventually won.
The Inhuman Triton later joined the heroes to help defeat the team trapping Anaconda, Death Adder, and Black Mamba under the sea. Sidewinder escaped the assault and retrieved the Serpent Crown for Hugh Jones. They later escaped with the help of Anaconda and the became a team of mercenaries for hire, which brought them into conflict with Iron Man The squad was later invited to join the Serpent Society, which they all accepted. The other Serpent Squad members such as Cobra and Princess Python also joined the team.
- Sidewinder (Seth Voelker), was an economics professor. He failed to make tenure and was hired by the Roxxon Oil Company as an economic analyst. He discovered their criminal schemes and they permitted him to apply for mutagenic alteration. Sidewinder was hired by Roxxon to retrieve the Serpent Crown.
- Anaconda (Blanche Sitznski), was bioengineered by Roxxon's Mutagenics Division to have various permanent serpentine features. Her skeleton was laced with an artificial adamantium, giving her the ability to elongate her arms and legs, which she uses to constrict her enemies. She has also been surgically provided gills so she can breathe underwater.
- Black Mamba (Tanya Sealy), was an ex-call girl, chosen by the Roxxon Oil Company to partake in a covert operation to retrieve the mystical Serpent Crown. Roxxon surgically implanted a special component in her brain which enables her slight telepathic abilities. She also projects a cloud of energy known as darkforce.
- Death Adder (Roland Burroughs), underwent surgery thanks to the Roxxon Oil company, giving him gills, claws, and a bionic tail, as well as certain other physiological changes. As a result of a mistake during the surgery to give him gills, Burroughs was rendered mute.
All members later joined the Serpent Society
- 5 appearance(s) of Serpent Squad (Roxxon Oil) (Earth-616)
- 2 minor appearance(s) of Serpent Squad (Roxxon Oil) (Earth-616)
- 1 image(s) of Serpent Squad (Roxxon Oil) (Earth-616)
- 5 member(s) of Serpent Squad (Roxxon Oil) (Earth-616)