Appearing in "In the Desert To Die"
- United States Army
- Happy Sam Saywer (Mentioned)
- Erwin Rommel (Mentioned)
- Harry James (Referenced)
- John Wayne (Referenced)
- Dino Manelli (Mentioned)
- Sheila's Mother (Vision)
- Winston Churchhill (Mentioned)
- Hashim (Desert Nomad)
- Errol Flynn (Mentioned)
- Rudolph Valentino (Mentioned)
- Pamela Hawley (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Dogs (Mentioned)
- Tigers (Referenced)
- Walruses (Mentioned)
- Mice (Referenced)
- Rats (Referenced)
- Elephants (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "In the Desert To Die"
The Howling Commandos are sent into the African Desert to find out the status of a man calling himself the Desert Fox who's been uniting the local nomad tribes to work with the Nazis. During their first skirmish with one of the tribes the Howlers meet with the Desert Fox's daughter who explains that the Nazi's have been falsifying information in order to get the tribes on their side. It is also believed by the desert tribes that the Desert Fox is dead when in actuality the Nazi's have been hiding him.
After disguising themselves the Howlers infiltrate the oasis hideout and fight with Col. Frick and his men, eventually defeating them and freeing Sheila's father, the Desert Fox. After the victory the Howlers are gifted camels and sent on their way back to base with the Desert Fox insuring he would be sending Frick to the Allies.
- The story refers to Otto Frick as both a Colonel and a Major.
- 2 Image(s) from Sgt Fury and his Howling Commandos Vol 1 37
- 1 Reprints of Sgt Fury and his Howling Commandos Vol 1 37
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|