Shango is one of the Loa descended from the Orishas, a race of extra-dimensional beings still worshiped as a god by the Ifa Yoruba religion of Nigeria, Santeria religion of the Caribbean and Candomble of Brazil.
Powers: Shango is a diviner and can predict the future. He is a dispenser and defender of justice
Abilities: Shango can expand his size infinitely at will.
Equipment: Shango wields an axe, and is the counterpart to Thor
Transportation: No known transportation.
Weapons: The Axe, and the Thunderbolt
- His name is pronounced 'shahn-GO'.
- In oral tradition Shango was once a successful but violent Alaafin (means 'owner of the palace' or overlord) of the West African Oyo Empire.
- 5 Appearances of Shango (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Shango (Earth-616)
- Media Shango (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Shango (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Shango (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Shango (Earth-616)
- Doctor Strange Vol 3 #17
- Thor Annual #10
- Shango at the Guide to the Mythological Universe
- Shango at the Appendix to the Marvel Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ Joba Molei Anderson (2010). 'The Horsemen: Divine Intervention #1'. Griot Enterprises.
- ↑  Shango Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ↑  Oyo Empire Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ↑  List of rulers of the Yoruba state of Oyo Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z hardcover Vol. 14
|Like this? Let us know!|