Origin and early years
In modern times, Shangó fought alongside with thunder and sun deities from other pantheons against Demogorge, but was consumed by him. He and his fellows were rescued by the Asgardian thunder god Thor.
Shango possesses the conventional superhuman physical attributes of his fellow Vodū gods, but with enhanced strength enabling him to lift about 50 tons.
- Weather Manipulation: As the God of the Storm, Shango has divine authority over the storm and lightning on par with Thor Odinson.
- Fire Generation: As the God of Fire Shango has the ability to generate and control fire & heat at extremely high temperatures and for a variety of effects.
- Blessing: Shango is capable of bestowing abilities and powers on mortals he chooses to bless, As he did with Chango of the Santerians.
Formidable hand-to-hand combatant.
- Oshé: Mystical double-headed axe to summon thunder and lightning.
- Hunga Munga: Throwing irons capable of piercing nearly any substance.
He rides black storm clouds.
- His name is pronounced 'shahn-GO'.
- 3 appearance(s) of Shango (Vodū) (Earth-616)
- 2 appearance(s) in handbook(s) of Shango (Vodū) (Earth-616)
- 1 mention(s) of Shango (Vodū) (Earth-616)
- 2 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Shango (Vodū) (Earth-616)
- 9 image(s) of Shango (Vodū) (Earth-616)
- 3 item(s) used/owned by Shango (Vodū) (Earth-616)