Appearing in "She-Hulk: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D."
- 🢐 Doc Samson (Leonard Samson) 🢒 (Appears in Flashback)
- Illuminati (Only in flashback)
- Hulk (Bruce Banner) (Mentioned)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Mentioned)
- Gamora (Mentioned)
- John Jameson (Mentioned)
- New York State (Main story and flashback)
- Reno (Destruction)
- Reno (Destruction)
- Big House (Mentioned)
- Negative Zone (Mentioned)
- Prison 42 (Mentioned)
- Extremis Armor (Only in flashback)
- Yellowjacket's Suit (Only in flashback)
- Superhuman Registration Act (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "She-Hulk: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D."
In the early days of the superhero Civil War, She-Hulk joins Iron Man, Yellowjacket, Ms. Marvel, Mr. Fantastic, and Tigra in taking down a Doombot rampaging through New York City. The battle is quickly won and in the aftermath, Doc Samson asks Jennifer to continue her therapy. She-Hulk doesn't think it's necessary, even though Samson points out that she is spending all her time in her Hulk form. As they discuss the situation, Mr. Fantastic and Iron Man privately confer with each other on their plans for She-Hulk now that they have secretly exiled her cousin, Bruce Banner, from Earth. With crowds cheering their victory, the heroes bask in this first positive response since the Stamford disaster. When She-Hulk asks Iron Man if they will continue to be superheroes or if they'll be forced to become S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, Iron Man assures her that won't be happening.
Aboard the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier an alarm sounds and She-Hulk quickly gets into her uniform, angry at Tony Stark for not coming through on his promise as she has just recently been enlisted as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. As part of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s new Hulkbuster unit, Jennifer meets with her fellow agents, Clay Quartermain and an LMD named Agent Cheesecake on the top deck of the helicarrier as they are approaching their first target. They are part of a team that is out searching for the Hulk, but instead of Jennifer's cousin, they have found his long time for the Abomination instead. Even though she feels as though she is in over hear head she dives off in a flying S.H.I.E.L.D. suit to the ground below. In Reno, Nevada, the Abomination has taken a break from his rampage to have a meal and watch figure skating in a sports bar. Suddenly, the broadcast is interrupted by a S.H.I.E.L.D. emergency message warning people to evacuate the area, tipping the Abomination off to what's happening.
When the Abomination goes outside, he is attacked by She-Hulk, but the villain is more than confident that he can defeat her as he views her as being beneath him. While the battle rages, Clay Quartermain oversees the evacuation of civilians while Cheesecake prevents looting. Meanwhile, the She-Hulk turns the fight around on the Abomination thanks to the fact that she was trained to fight by Captain America and Gamora. Although she is gaining the edge in combat, her ability to fend off her attacker only makes him stronger. As such, she puts in a call to Doc Samson for advice on how to defeat Blonsky using psychology. Samson informs her that the Abominations gamma mutation is a reflection of his self-hatred. She uses this to play into the Abominations' poor self-image, mocking him for choosing the sports bar because an attractive woman would never touch him. This cuts the Abomination emotionally, distracting him long enough for She-Hulk to land a knockout blow.
With the Abomination contained, Jennifer thanks Samson for his help, but hands up on him when he tries to get her to talk about her own feelings. In the aftermath of the battle, She-Hulk makes it known to Clay Quartermain that she has separated from her husband. Sure enough, the two hit it off and spend the evening together. As Clay Quartermain sleeps, She-Hulk gets up and thinks about she only is this promiscuous when she is She-Hulk. Although she thinks that she can do whatever she wants whenever she wants, she wonders why that despite that, she doesn't feel grounded.
- Now that the ILLUMINATI have shot the HULK into space... Who's going to fight all of his bad guys?
- Enter SHE-HULK: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.! Spinning out of events from CIVIL WAR and PLANET HULK, the new director of S.H.I.E.L.D. is shipping She-Hulk off to Hulk-related hotspots around the globe-- where she'll be taking on villains from A-Z!
- Or, in this case, from the Abomination to Zzzax! That's right, gamma-fans, it's the Emerald Amazon in her most ACTION-PACKED ADVENTURE EVER! AND IT ALL STARTS HERE!
- The man who appears to be Yellowjacket is actually a Skrull impostor as revealed in Secret Invasion #1.
- Mr. Fantastic and Iron Man mention that they exiled the Hulk. This happened in Incredible Hulk (Vol. 2) #91.
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters: