The Hound of the Baskervilles
Sherlock and Watson were called in to investigate the ghostly, killer dog, which has haunted the Baskerville family for generations, killed Sir Charles. Sir Henry, Charles's only heir has come back to England to claim his new money and mansion in the creepy countryside. In London, weird things happen to Henry: he gets a note warning him not to come to the mansion, two of his shoes are stolen, and a bad guy follows him. When Watson was sent to investigate Sherlock followed in secret as he was pretty sure the killer is Jack who used the legend of the ghostly, killer dog to scare Charles to death. Sherlock was sure Jack has something up his sleeve to do away with Henry.It turns out, Jack is really Henry's uncle, though he kept his mouth shut about it, so no one will know he is out to get the Baskerville money and mansion. And Beryl is really his wife. Jack used a real-live dog dabbed with glow-in-the-dark paint to scare Charles to death. He stole Henry's shoe to give the dog his scent. Jack also locked Beryl in her hotel room, but she figured out a way to send Henry a warning to stay away from the mansion.Finally, Jack lured Henry to his house at night, and when Henry was walking home, Jack sicked his mad-dog after him. Sherlock shot the dog in the nick of time and chased Jack into a swampy maze of quicksand, where Jack fell to his death.
- Sherlock's connection to Earth-616 was confirmed in the United Kingdom entry of the Marvel Atlas #1.
- Sherlock Holmes may be the great-uncle of Clive Reston, although that was never confirmed. Clive Reston's entry in the All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z: Update #2 states that his great-uncle was "a private detective, from whom Clive inherited deductive reasoning talent and a habit for smoking a meerschaum pipe".
- 3 appearance(s) of Sherlock Holmes (Earth-616)
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Sherlock Holmes (Earth-616)
- 42 mentions of Sherlock Holmes (Earth-616)
- 2 image(s) of Sherlock Holmes (Earth-616)