This dictionary and lexique list some terms used in Shi'ar language(s) and by the races living in connection with them, or terms and expressions in English or other languages but used by the Shi'ar, or already translated in English or other languages.
Some terms may be used by Shi'ar without being translated. They will be listed anyway with a context helping to understand their meaning, until they will be developed.
The alphabetical order is for the Shi'ar terms (including those in English). If the Shi'ar version of a term is known only by their alphabet, the English translation will be used for the alphabetical order in this dictionary.
- Chak'balaar: Unknown. Seemingly an insult (Used by Darwin in the sentence "You can go back to being a Chak'balaar who I shouldn't have saved").
- Cojotah: Unknown (Used by Deathbird in battle, possibly as an insult)
- Ehs'tyl: "Bursting cranium", "headshot". An "Ehs'tyl assault" is a quick and violent attack against the head of command.
- Food storage
- Goolnani: Unknown. Seemingly an insult (Used by Flashfire in the sentence "that Spartax goolnani").
- Ka'tharta: Unknown. Insult, presumably a name for an animal or a prostitute (Used by Deathbird in the sentence "Daughter of a Ka'tharta!", stated to be "profanity" by Sharada Darthri).
- M'ndavian (Procedures): A system of procedures in Shi'ar Law and for the Council decision. Allegedly the most perfect legal system in the galaxy.
- Majestor: "Emperor"
- Majestrix "Empress"
- Mind-Walker: Seemingly "Telepath" (Used by Mummudrai Ev Teel Urizen)
- Minder: "Telepath"
- Mummudrai: "Anti-Self" Opposite twins/bodiless parasites.
- P'Gath: Unknown. Insult (Used by Deathbird).
- Phal'kon: Former name of the Phoenix, hundred years ago, back when he possessed Rook'shir.
- Praetor: Leader of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard or of Shi'ar contingents.
- Scy'ar Tal: "Death to the Shi'ar"; Name of the race formerly known as M'krann.
- Shakarugo: Unknown (Used by Deathbird in battle, possibly as an insult).
- Shivarn'n Halanau: "Imperial consort".
- Subguardians: Cadets at the Imperial Guard Training Academy, training to become Superguardians.
- Superguardians: Members of the Imperial Guard.
- The End of All That Is: A "power", a neutron galaxy, existing within the M'kraan Crystal. (named that way by its fore-runner creators)
- The-End-Of-All-That-Is: The Phoenix.
- Thinkers: "Telepaths" (Used by Mummudrai Ev Teel Urizen, translated by Cable)
- X-Men #137
- Avengers Vol 3 #35
- X-Men Vol 4 #19
- Uncanny X-Men #482
- X-Men Vol 4 #21
- War of Kings #1
- X-Men Vol 2 #39
- Uncanny X-Men #478
- All-New X-Men #24
- X-Men Vol 4 #22
- Fantastic Four #262
- Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #10
- X-Men Vol 2 #198
- All-New X-Men #23
- New X-Men #115
- New X-Men #126
- Uncanny X-Men #481
- Imperial Guard #1
- X-Men #107
- Avengers #345
- X-Men: Legacy #256-257
- X-Men: Emperor Vulcan #1
- X-Men: Emperor Vulcan #2
- Uncanny X-Men #155
- Wolverine and the X-Men Annual #1
- X-Men #108
- X-Men #125
- Uncanny X-Men #468
- X-Men Vol 2 #197