Siena Blaze originally started out as a member of the thrill-seeking Upstarts, a group of mutants who hunted other mutants for sport. She was recruited by Trevor Fitzroy when she was being chased by police with her boyfriend. Fitzroy arrived and killed her boyfriend, although she said she didn't care that much. He then killed many police also to create a portal to teleport them away. As a member of the Upstarts, she participated in several confrontations with members of the X-Men, such as Nightcrawler and Marvel Girl, when she was hired by Mr. Sinister, and an incident in Antarctica where she battled Cyclops, Professor Xavier and Storm.
Later she was transported to the Ultraverse along with Juggernaut and Reaper, where she was a member of the heroic Exiles (not to be confused with the current team of reality hopping heroes). Surprisingly, Siena adapted to the role of hero quite well. She felt a strong attraction to team leader Warstrike. Eventually she, along with Juggernaut and Reaper, were returned to the Marvel Universe.
Neverland and Necrosha
Return to the Upstarts
Siena reappeared once again as a member of the mutant group the Upstarts. She helped kill the Nasty Boys in order to lure out Cyclops and his ragtag team of X-Men to Washington Heights. After a brief moment of words, the two groups engaged each other in battle. Siena attacked Magik which her electromagnetic abilities which proved successful against the sorceress but was knocked off balance by Cyclops' optic blast. Soon enough she became overwhelmed as they were outnumbered. Blaze fled the scene with Fabian Cortez and Fitzroy leaving Shinobi behind as a scapegoat.
|Power Grid |
Electromagnetic Manipulation: Siena can disrupt a planet's electromagnetic energy spectrum, absorbing the energy into her body until she releases it, usually in the form of destructive blasts of energy. The released energy would tear a hole in the local electromagnetic field and repeated use of her power would theoretically destroy the planet. Even limited use of her abilities could potentially cause catastrophic ecological changes to the planet. She can also use magnetic energy to fly at 150 mph or to teleport herself along the planet's electromagnetic field, but every time she teleports she permanently damages the field at the point of departure, causing a powerful explosion.
- Siena Blaze was first depicted in Stryfe's Strike File #1, as part of a series of Stryfe's files reviewed by Professor Xavier. Her first story appearance was in Uncanny X-Men #301. She appeared later that same month in X-Men Unlimited #1 and Uncanny X-Men Annual #1993, although chronologically those three appearances occur in reverse order.
- 33 Appearances of Siena Blaze (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Siena Blaze (Earth-616)
- Media Siena Blaze (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 14 Images featuring Siena Blaze (Earth-616)
- 3 Quotations by or about Siena Blaze (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Siena Blaze (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|