Appearing in "Adam"
- Zuras (Mentioned)
- Arishem the Judge (Only in flashback)
- Galactus (Galan) (Mentioned)
- Contemplator (Mentioned) (Skrull imposter)
- Mantis Brandt (Mentioned)
- Mantis' child (Mentioned)
- Bartak (Mentioned)
- Sasquatch (Walter Langkowski) (Recap)
- Fantastic Four (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Humans (Main story and recap)
- Celestials (Only in flashback)
- Skrulls (Main story and recap)
- Kree (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Adam"
The High Evolutionary asks the Eternals to collect the Silver Surfer's DNA for his scientific plans. The Surfer arrives on Earth to see the Super Skrull resurrected. The Skrull attacks him, but the fight quickly ends when the two are captured by the Eternals. The Eternals bring them back to their city in order to map their DNA. However, the Silver Surfer and Super Skrull team up and free themselves from their captivity. The Surfer lets the Super Skrull escape Earth while he reasons with the Eternals to let him go and investigate the High Evolutionary's plan.
The High Evolutionary has appeared over Olympia, the home of the Eternals. Confronted by Ikaris, Makkari, Sersi, Thena and Karkas, the Evolutionary explains to them his goal in unlocking the mysteries of DNA and asks that the Eternals help him in maping out the Silver Surfer's DNA for him. While in deep space, the Silver Surfer bids farewell to Nova and heads to Earth, intent on finding the child of Mantis. Arriving in Earth's orbit, the Surfer is witness to the resurrection of the Super Skrull. The Super Skrull does not want anyone on Earth to be aware of his return, so he attacks the Surfer.
Their battle is interrupted by the arrival of the Eternals, who trap both in an energy field and tell them of their plans. They also decide to map out the Super Skrull's DNA, who is a Skrull and thus a offshoot of the Deviant race. The Surfer refuses to have his DNA mapped, because he believes that whoever the Eternals are working for will abuse the knowledge and potentially make an army of Surfer clones.
Taken against their will to Olympia, the Surfer and Super Skrull are placed inside pyramid shaped devices which will break down their DNA code for the Eternals. When the two realize that the pyramids are harmonized by their own powers, they push themselves to the limit in order to cause the machines to explode and free themselves.
During a battle with the Eternals, the Super Skrull makes an escape. The Eternals and the Surfer follow after him. When the Eternals try again to detain the Super Skrull, the Silver Surfer stops them and encourages the Super Skrull to escape Earth. He wants him to return to the Skrulls and help them regain their shape-shifting powers. The Surfer makes a truce with the Eternals and agrees to leave them in solitude while he investigates the High Evolutionary's plan.
Appearing in "Moth To The Flame"
- Elders of the Universe (Mentioned)
- Invisible Woman (Sue Richards) (Mentioned)
- Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) (Mentioned)
- High Evolutionary (Herbert Wyndham) (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Moth To The Flame"
Nova has returned to Galactus' ship to find that Galactus is dying. The Elders of the Universe, that he consumed, did not die and are now killing him from the inside. Galactus demands that she bring together the Silver Surfer, as well as Reed and Susan Richards, as they -- especially Susan -- are the key to saving Galactus' life. Nova contacts the Surfer across hyperspace and tells him everything. The Silver Surfer agrees to help out, abandoning his investigation into the High Evolutionary's plan.
Appearing in "Mantis!"
- Zodiac Cartel (Mentioned)
- Gustav Brandt (Libra) (Mentioned)
- Lua Nguyen (Mentioned)
- Avengers (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Mantis!"
Mantis is startled awake and is shocked to find that she is still alive and back on Earth. She finds that she is in a home that she has never been in and her connection to the plants has now been severed. With all these mysteries to solve, she decides that it's best to get back in touch with her comrades in the Avengers.
Appearing in "A series of Ron Lim pinups"
- Silver Surfer (Norrin Radd) (Pin-Up)
- Nova (Frankie Raye) (Pin-Up)
- Mantis Brandt (Pin-Up)
- Shalla-Bal (Pin-Up)
- Supreme Leader Nenora (Pin-Up)
- Supreme Intelligence (Pin-Up)
- Emperor Kylor (Pin-Up)
- Ripan (Pin-Up)
- Aptak (Pin-Up)
- Empress S'Byll (Pin-Up)
- Galactus (Galan) (Pin-Up)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "A series of Ron Lim pinups"
A series of pin-ups of the cast of the storyline that is currently running through issues of the Silver Surfer.
Appearing in "Chapter Three: The Men, The Mine, The Mountain!"
Synopsis for "Chapter Three: The Men, The Mine, The Mountain!"
- Synopsis not yet written
The Evolutionary Wars continue as the Super Skrull returns! How can the Surfer hope to win a battle that has the Skrull who possesses all the powers of the Fantastic Four on one side, the unstoppable High Evolutionary on the other – and the enigmatic Eternals waiting in the wings! Plus: Chapter 3 in the origin of the High Evolutionary!
- The High Evolutionary's story is continued in New Mutants Annual #4.
- Nova and the Silver Surfer's story is continued in Silver Surfer (Vol. 3) #15.
- Mantis' story is continued in West Coast Avengers (Vol. 2) #37.
- As reported by Marvel: this issue was the eighth best-selling direct sales title for the publisher during the month that it was released. 
The story references:
- Silver Surfer (Vol. 3) #12 - The Silver Surfer and Nova's search for the Contemplator.
- Silver Surfer (Vol. 3) #14 - The Silver Surfer's battle with the Skrull, Bartak.
- Marvel Team-Up #62 - The Super Skrull being turned into primal energy while trying to escape Earth.
- Alpha Flight #9 and Alpha Flight #10 - The Super Skrull getting drawn back to Earth, but then sent back to the Earth's radiation belts.
- Silver Surfer (Vol. 3) #1 - The Silver Surfer's escape from Earth.
Links and References
- Bibliomancer (10 Jul 2015). Essential Silver Surfer: Silver Surfer Annual #1. The Bibliomancer. Retrieved on 9 Sep 2021.
- Englehart, Steve. Silver Surfer 1-20. Steve Englehart: Books, Film, Comics, Games.... Retrieved on 21 Feb 2021.
- Grand Comics Database. Silver Surfer Annual #1. Grand Comics Database. Retrieved on 9 Sep 2021.
- Iliopoulos, Aris (29 May 2009). Retro-Review: Silver Surfer Annual #1 (1988). Indie Pulse. Retrieved on 9 Sep 2021.
- Mark (9 Nov 2015). SILVER SURFER ANNUAL #1. NOT A HOAX! NOT A DREAM!. Retrieved on 9 Sep 2021.