- Even now... an agonizing weakness overcomes me! In my effort to save another's life... I expended too much of my own vital energy!
Appearing in "Gather, Ye Witches!"
- Warlock Prime (Sir Nigel Carruthers) (First appearance)
- Sibyl Carruthers (First appearance)
- Abomination (Emil Blonsky)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Gather, Ye Witches!"
A coven of witches seeks to prove their power by summoning a creature that is capable of killing the Silver Surfer. They rescue the Abomination from exile, but he refuses to obey the coven's commands. He leaves with his own agenda to subjugate and rule the world. The Silver Surfer similarly escapes the coven and battles the Abomination. The Abomination is eventually defeated by the Surfer.
A coven of witches practice their dark arts near Stonehenge, while above the Silver Surfer once again tries to force himself through Galactus' barrier. He is desperate to get off Earth and to return to Zenn-La so that he can find out if Shalla-Bal has recovered from her earthly injuries. The intense collision he experiences as he hits the barrier knocks him unconscious and causes him to crash land near Stonehenge.
Warlock Prime, the leader of the witches coven, comes upon the Surfer has he is returning home. Recognizing who it is, he brings him home and waits for the Surfer to revive. The Surfer is tricked into drinking a sedative and Warlock Prime brings him to the coven's meeting place. He has a plan to destroy the Surfer and thus prove to the world the power of the coven.
To destroy the Surfer, the coven makes the Abomination appear. They are shocked when the Abomination does not listen to their commands. He throws Warlock Prime against the other witches and sets off to take over the planet.
Finally waking up, the Surfer does not hesitate to heal the injured Warlock Prime. He is warned that only he can stop the rampaging Abomination, but the Surfer (now weakened from exerting so much of his power to save a life) wants no part in the human's madness. He starts to fly away, but then guiltily changes course when he sees the nearby city in flames.
The Surfer attacks the Abomination, hoping to stop him from creating anymore destruction. The Abomination easily repels the weakened Surfer, but he eventually perseveres, using his power cosmic to lull the beast to sleep. He returns the Abomination to the coven and demands that they send him back from whence he came.
This one has witches, magic spells, the Surfer trapped at last - and the Abomination! Wow!
- The Who Speaks for the Surfer? letter column has letters published from: Bill Henley Jr, Eric Eddins, Ron Sorrells, Ernest Black II, Bill Rogers, and Mace Kalas.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Silver Surfer Vol 1 12 on the forums
- 4 Images from Silver Surfer Vol 1 12
- 4 Reprints of Silver Surfer Vol 1 12
Links and References
- Chris (25 Jun 2013). Silver Surfer #12 Review. Ridiculously Awesome. Retrieved on 09 Dec 2019.
- unknown (01 May 2018). Gather, Ye Witches!. The Peerless Power of Comics!. Retrieved on 05 Dec 2019.
|Like this? Let us know!|