- They long for peace, yet gird for war! They search for love, yet harbor hate! If man is sane... then the universe is steeped in madness!
Appearing in "The Flame and the Fury!"
- Fantastic Four
- Sam (First appearance)
- United States Army
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Only in flashback)
- Overlord (Only in flashback)
- Stranger (Only in flashback)
- Mephisto (Only in flashback)
- Galactus (Only in flashback)
- Invisible Girl (Susan Storm) (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Mutant Dakkamites (Only in flashback)
- Demons (Only in flashback)
- Taa-ans (Only in flashback)
- Cosmic Beings (Only in flashback)
- Earth Orbit
- United States of America
Synopsis for "The Flame and the Fury!"
Once more deciding to become part of humanity, the Surfer goes to a tailor to get a set of clothing. "Convincing" the tailors to find him the perfect outfit, the Surfer reflects on his recent adventures and recalls his battle against the Galactus with the Fantastic Four. The Surfer decides that he should contact the Fantastic Four, to see if there is anything they can do to destroy the barrier that Galactus has erected.
Traveling to the Baxter Building, the Surfer overhears the FF agreeing to help the military in finding the Silver Surfer. Believing himself to have been betrayed, the Surfer flees, and Johnny is allowed to follow after the Surfer as the Human Torch.
The two battle across the city, however the Surfer eventually overpowers the Torch, injuring him in battle. However, the Surfer flees when the military arrives on the scene. The Surfer overhears the Torch tell the military that they were trying to contact the Surfer to get him to help them with their space program, not to take him prisoner. The Surfer, ashamed of his actions, flees.
Everyone's been asking for a battle between our silvery sky-rider and our fiery flame-master—so here's the Surfer versus the Human Torch!
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#189-Z.
- This issue features a letters page, Who Speaks for the Surfer? Letters are published from Tom "Galactus" Oberlin, Michael Susko, "The Peacemaker", Nils Osmar, and Duane Stice.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Silver Surfer Vol 1 15 on the forums
- 3 Images from Silver Surfer Vol 1 15
- 1 Reprints of Silver Surfer Vol 1 15
|Like this? Let us know!|