- When, if ever, will they learn to live in peace... as brothers? When will they learn... that love is the power supreme?
Appearing in "In The Hands of... Mephisto!"
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "In The Hands of... Mephisto!"
Mephisto returns with another attempt to steal the Silver Surfer's soul. He removes Galactus' barrier, so that the Surfer can return to Zenn-La. However, Mephisto has captured Shalla-Bal and brought her back to Earth. The Surfer returns to save her, but the only way to do this is by doing Mephisto's bidding. He agrees and is ordered to destroy S.H.I.E.L.D.
The Silver Surfer is overcome with a premonition of danger as he soars over the Earth. This is for good reason, as Mephisto is once more planning an attempt to steal the Silver Surfer's soul.
He travels to Earth, disguising himself in human clothes and walking amongst the humans until he can call forth the Surfer. He quickly tires of the humans and creates a violent storm to ward off the crowds. Mephisto then summons the Surfer to come to him. He gives the Surfer what he wants most: freedom from Galactus' barrier!
While suspicious of Mephisto's intent, the Surfer is surprised to finally be able to leave the Earth. He quickly returns to Zenn-La, but is shocked to find that his beloved Shalla-Bal had been captured by Mephisto.
Returning to Earth, the two engage in an intense battle that attracts the attention of Nick Fury. Mephisto tells the Surfer that the longer he resists him, the more Shalla-Bal will suffer. The Surfer agrees to do his bidding in order to save her. Mephisto orders him to destroy S.H.I.E.L.D. so that Shalla-Bal may live.
World's mightiest villain invades the earth to trap the Surfer! Don't miss -- the hands of Mephisto!
- This issue makes an appearance in the 1983 film, 'Breathless'. Richard Gere’s character recites a line from the story and the issue’s artwork is shown on the screen. 
- The Who Speaks for the Surfer? letter column has letters published from: Geofrey Darrow, Steve Glaser, Jeff Mehr, Don Tyler, Alan Brennart, and Henry Morgan.
- Comic book professional Geof Darrow has a letter printed in this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Silver Surfer Vol 1 16 on the forums
- 2 Image(s) from Silver Surfer Vol 1 16
- 3 Reprints of Silver Surfer Vol 1 16
- Silver Surfer #3, Silver Surfer #8 to Silver Surfer #9, and Silver Surfer #17 - More Mephisto vs Silver Surfer stories
- Silver Surfer Omnibus #1 - Collects the entire run of Silver Surfer Vol 1
The story references:
- Fantastic Four #50 - The Silver Surfer is exiled on Earth
Links and References
- Chris (01 Jul 2013). Silver Surfer #16-17. Ridiculously Awesome. Retrieved on 12 Dec 2019.
|Like this? Let us know!|