Appearing in "The Power and the Prize!"Edit
- Mephisto (First appearance)
- Silver Surfer's Surfboard
Synopsis for "The Power and the Prize!"Edit
Checking on the girl whose life he saved, the Surfer is chased out of the hospital. Furious over once more being treated with hostility by the human race, the Surfer lashes out and uses his powers to grind the human race to a standstill causing everything electronic to fail. This gains the attention of Mephisto, lord of the netherworld who wishes to claim the Silver Surfer's soul. In order to do so, Mephisto kidnaps Shalla-Bal and uses her to make the Surfer do his bidding and give up his soul.
Whisking Shalla-Bal to his realm, Mephisto is shocked when the Surfer is able to follow him to his realm. Mephisto tries to tempt the Surfer with riches and women in an attempt to corrupt his soul, however, the Surfer is able to resist temptation. In a final attempt to try and corrupt the Surfer, Mephisto absorbs the Surfer into his mind. However, the opposite happens and Mephisto finds that the Surfer's purity is influencing his mind. Releasing the Surfer, Mephisto admits defeat, but not before sending Shalla-Bal back to Zenn-La and the Surfer back to Earth, where he is still trapped by the barrier erected by Galactus.
Appearing in "Why Won't They Believe Me?"Edit
- Prof. Crater's Secretary
- Spaceship's Log Book
- Crashed Spaceship
Synopsis for "Why Won't They Believe Me?"Edit
Story recreated from Amazing Adult Fantasy #7 with the Watcher as Host
- Silver Surfer story reprinted in Bring on the Bad Guys
- This is the first appearance of the long-time Marvel enemy, Mephisto.
- credits for the first story:
- A Cosmic Collaboration By: Stan Lee And John Buscema
- Embellished By: Joe Sinnott
- Lettering By: Artie Simek
- The Silver Surfer Story is divided into two parts: "The Power And The Prize!" and "Duel In The Depths"
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|