Appearing in "Resurrection!"
- Elders of the Universe
- Trader (Cort Zo Tinnus) (Main story and flashback) (Death)
- Possessor (Kamo Tharnn) (Main story and flashback) (Death)
- Astronomer (Seginn Gallio) (Main story and flashback) (Death)
- Grandmaster (En Dwi Gast)
- Collector (Taneleer Tivan)
- Champion (Tryco Slatterus)
- Gardener (Ord Zyonz)
- Runner (Gilpetperdon)
- Malice (Sue Richards) (Mentioned)
- Eternity (Mentioned)
- Franklin Richards
- Punisher (Galactus' Robot) (Destroyed)
- Master Order
- Lord Chaos
Races and Species:
- Magick Realm
Synopsis for "Resurrection!"
The In-Betweener reveals that he has formed an alliance with the Possessor, Astronomer, and Trader to leave the Magick Realm and destroy Galactus. They strand the Silver Surfer, Mr. Fantastic, and the Invisible Woman within the Magick Realm and travel through the black hole with the power of the Soul Gems. They find Galactus, but the In-Betweener realizes that he can't kill Galactus in this reality. Instead he decides to send him through the black hole to die. The Elders protest this plan, but the In-Betweener commands Death to kill them. Meanwhile in the Magick Realm, the Silver Surfer, Mr. Fantastic, and the Invisible Woman contact Master Order and Lord Chaos to help them return to their home reality so that they can stop the In-Betweener. The two entities expel the Elders from Galactus' body, which revives the world-eater. He declares that the In-Betweener must die.
The Silver Surfer and the In-Betweener battle each other in order to gain possession of the Soul Gems. However, the In-Betweener proves to be too powerful and it is revealed that he's been working in league with the Possessor, Trader, and Astronomer. With the Gems in their possession, they leave the Silver Surfer, Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman stranded in the Magick Realm to continue their quest to kill Galactus.
Returning to their home reality, the Elders race towards Galactus' ship. Witnessing this, Franklin Richards and Nova dispatch Galactus' Punisher robot to try and stop them. However, it proves to be a minor nuisance and is destroyed by the In-Betweener. They then easily defeat Nova, but the In-Betweener realizes that he can't kill Galactus in his home reality. He decides that he will send Galactus back to the Magick Realm where he can die. The Elders protest this idea because their fellow Elders are still trapped inside Galactus. The In-Betweener then summons Death and forces her to kill the three Elders. He then sets Galactus' ship on a course into the black hole so that he can take Galactus' place.
Meanwhile in the Magick Realm, Reed, Sue, and the Silver Surfer get into contact with Master Order and Lord Chaos and the two entities agree to help them in stopping the In-Betweener. They use their powers to free the Elders of the Universe, who have been trapped inside Galactus, which brings him back to life. They also find out that Franklin and Nova were hiding inside Galactus. Suddenly, Galactus revives himself and declares that the In-Betweener must die.
What has happened to Reed and Sue Richards? Can the Silver Surfer stand alone against the awesome menace looming in the mysterious black hole? All we can say is that not even the Silver Surfer is prepared for what happens next!
- The In-Betweener used the influence of Order and Chaos to control Reed and Sue Richards (turning her back into Malice). 
- The Soul Gem rendered both Reed and Sue Richards unconscious. 
- The Elders of the Universe attempted to kill Galactus, but we stopped by Nova and the Silver Surfer. 
- Some of the Elders of the Universe (the Grandmaster, Collector, Gardener, Runner, and Champion) where consumed by Galactus and are slowly killing him from the inside. 
- Galactus, slowly dying from the Elders of the Universe that he had consumed, had Nova seek out the Silver Surfer and Reed and Sue Richards to help him. 
- The "Bulletin Board" letter column has letters published from: John Yancura, Will Mason, and Brian Regis.
The story references:
- Silver Surfer (Vol. 3) #15 and Silver Surfer (Vol. 3) #16 - The Elders of the Universe's developing plan to escape the Magick Realm.
- Silver Surfer (Vol. 3) #10 - Galactus defeating the Elders of the Universe.
- Fantastic Four #245 - Franklin Richards blocking his powers until he is old enough to control them.
Links and References
- Bibliomancer (15 Jul 2015). Essential Silver Surfer: Silver Surfer #17: Resurrection!. The Bibliomancer. Retrieved on 16 Sep 2021.
- Englehart, Steve. Silver Surfer 1-20. Steve Englehart: Books, Film, Comics, Games.... Retrieved on 21 Feb 2021.
- Grand Comics Database. Silver Surfer #17. Grand Comics Database. Retrieved on 16 Sep 2021.