Appearing in "Alien!"
- Dragon (First appearance) (Main story and flashback) (Death)
- Galactus (Galan) (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Alien!"
The Silver Surfer comes across a planet that he had spared when he was a herald of Galactus. The people there ask for his help in defeating a dragon that has been terrorizing them. While fighting the dragon, the Surfer finds out that all his people were killed by this planet's inhabitants. The dragon has dedicated his life to killing them as an act of revenge. The Surfer tries to stop the dragon, but accidentally kills him instead. The planet's people celebrate the Surfer's victory, but he scolds them for their past misdeeds.
The Silver Surfer travels through space, mourning the loss of Mantis, when he comes across a planet that he had spared from the hunger of Galactus when he was his herald. As he approaches the planet, he is shocked to see that its inhabitants are setting it ablaze.
The Surfer confronts the people and they explain that they were desperate to get the attention of anyone off-planet that could help them. They have been terrorized by a dragon, that is killing them one by one and they are powerless to stop it. They ask for the Surfer's help and he agrees to find and stop the dragon.
As he scans the planet, he is ambushed by a cloaked attacker. The Surfer uses his infrared vision to locate the dragon and disable the technology that was keeping him hidden. The Surfer accuses the dragon of committing terror on the people of this planet, but the dragon says it's all lies.
The dragon explains that his people fled their planet before it was destroyed. They landed here in order to fix their spaceships. The people of this planet welcomed them and gave them a power source to fuel their ships. However, when the dragons used it, all their ships exploded. The people were scared of the dragons and killed them all. All, except for one. The last dragon vowed to seek revenge by killing all of the people on this planet.
Realizing the he can't defeat the Silver Surfer, the dragon tries to leave and continue his destruction of the planet's people. The Surfer attempts to neutralize his powers, but instead kills him by accident. The people celebrate the Surfer's victory, but the Surfer accuses them of letting their fear of the unknown cause them to do horrible things.
The Silver Surfer must make one of the most anguishing moral choices of his life on an alien planet about to be annihilated by a dragon!
- The Silver Surfer is still trying to come to terms with the fact that as soon as he discovered that Mantis was still alive, he lost her forever. 
- According to the Silver Surfer, he came across this planet during his first decade as herald to Galactus and it has been two generations since he returned. This contradicts earlier issues where it has been noted that the Surfer has served Galactus for centuries.
- "The Cosmic Pipeline" letter column has letters published from: Marc Buxton, Gavin Stanford, Lon Wolf, Al Escovedo, and Pat Slade.
The story references:
- Fantastic Four #325 - The Silver Surfer's recent adventure on Earth.
Links and References
- Englehart, Steve. Silver Surfer 22-24. Steve Englehart: Books, Film, Comics, Games.... Retrieved on 3 Oct 2021.
- Grand Comics Database. Silver Surfer #23. Grand Comics Database. Retrieved on 4 Oct 2021.