Appearing in "G.I.G.O."
- Silver Surfer (Norrin Radd) (Main story and recap)
- Motherboard 49.7 (First appearance)
Races and Species:
- Power Cosmic (Main story and recap)
Synopsis for "G.I.G.O."
As the Silver Surfer flies by a crystalline planet, an armada of ships attack him. He fights back and notices that the ships are all automated. No matter how many he destroys, more ships continue to engage him. He decides to take the fight planet side and find the person controlling the ships. The Surfer discovers that the planet is a giant computer that still thinks he is a herald of Galactus and thus a threat to its existence. The Surfer is able to reprogram the computer's file on him in order to remove him from its threat list. After this adjustment, he is able to leave the planet.
The Silver Surfer continues travel through the far reaches of space, mourning the loss of Mantis. He wonders if he's ever truly been free since the day he became Galactus' herald to save Zenn-La. His roaming brings him to a crystalline world, where an armada of ships attack him.
The Surfer fights back, easily destroying the ships. He realizes that the ships are automated, with more engaging him no matter how many he destroys. He determines that they are being controlled by a a control center and approaches the planet in attempt to find it.
The Silver Surfer enters through an opening in the surface and finds himself in an underground base. Tracking the signals that communicate with the ships, he is able to locate the control source. He discovers that the planet is a giant computer. The computer's interface communicates with the Surfer and notes that he is a herald of Galactus and thus a threat to the planet's existence.
The Surfer attempts to explain to the computer that he no longer serves Galactus, but fails. He is bombarded by lasers that tear through his silver skin, leaving him drained of energy. Tracking down the computer's data banks, the Surfer is able to change the data on his file to reflect his status as being an ex-herald that no longer poses a threat to planets.
The computer stops its assault and restores the Silver Surfer's health. The Surfer is allowed to leave the planet. Shorty after he departs, the computer detects a system error in the Silver Surfer's file and begins to repair it.
It’s a big universe out there, and not everyone’s received the news that the Silver Surfer is no longer Galactus’s herald! In fact, some planets have been making plans to kill the Surfer in order to save their planet from Galactus. And the Surfer’s about to discover how effective those plans are!
- The Silver Surfer offered to become Galactus' herald if he spared his home planet, Zenn-La. 
- The Silver Surfer is still trying to come to terms with the fact that as soon as he discovered that Mantis was still alive, he lost her forever. 
- The Silver Surfer betrayed Galactus and fought him to save the Earth. For this betrayal, the Surfer was imprisoned on Earth. 
- "The Cosmic Pipeline" letter column has letters published from: Mark Heinemann, Martin Musick, John Hill, Paul Fortin, Charles Novinskie, and Jason Rivera.
The story references:
- Fantastic Four #325 - The Silver Surfer's recent adventure on Earth.
Links and References
- Englehart, Steve. Silver Surfer 22-24. Steve Englehart: Books, Film, Comics, Games.... Retrieved on 3 Oct 2021.
- Grand Comics Database. Silver Surfer #24. Grand Comics Database. Retrieved on 6 Oct 2021.