Appearing in "Back From Black...?"
- Skrull Empire
- Empress Shalla-Bal
- Fantastic Four (Mentioned)
- Mantis Brandt (Mentioned)
- Clumsy Foulup
- Captain Reptyl (Mentioned)
- Contemplator (Skrull imposter)
- Supreme Leader Nenora (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Back From Black...?"
The Skrulls trick the Silver Surfer into helping them fight the Badoon (who have sided with the Kree), thus drawing the Surfer into the Kree/Skrull War. Realizing that the Kree now see him as on the side of the Skrulls, the Surfer quickly returns to Zenn-La to find the planet surrounded by Kree ships. He battles them to protect Zenn-La and the Skrulls also arrive to help him. They win the battle, which gives the Silver Surfer and the Super Skrull time to transfer the Skrull's shape-shifting powers back into Empress S'Byll. The Kree return, but are easily defeated by the Silver Surfer and the newly-powered S'Byll.
The Silver Surfer comes across a space battle between the Skrulls and the Badoon. He attempts to leave, but is attacked by one of the Badoon ships. He ignores their aggression and speeds away, but is stopped by the Super Skrull. He asks for the Surfers help, as the Badoon deceived the Skrulls and is now destroying Empress S'Byll's armada. The Surfer refuses to help and the Super Skrull attacks him.
They battle until the Surfer stops, tired of the idea of having to fight to keep from fighting. He agrees to help the Skrulls this one time escape the Badoon's aramada. The Surfer attacks the Badoon's ships, systematically disabling every vessel. The Badoon have no choice but to retreat. Empress S'Byll thanks the Surfer for his assistance and reveals to him that, because the Badoon formed a treaty with the Kree, he was inadvertently sided himself with the Skrulls.
Angered by this betrayal, the Silver Surfer curses the Skrulls for putting Zenn-La in peril of a Kree attack. He quickly leaves the Skrulls behind and rushes back to Zenn-La. Meanwhile, Clumsy Foulup is approached again by the mysterious figure who promises to save his life and make him a hero if he betrays Captain Reptyl.
The Surfer arrives to see his homeworld surrounded by a Kree armada. Ronan the Accuser appears and attacks the Surfer. The Surfer defeats him and turns his attention of the Kree ships. However, the shear numbers start to overwhelm him until the Skrulls arrive and join the Surfer in his defense of Zenn-La.
The Silver Surfer and the Skrulls win the battle and the Surfer quickly finds Shalla-Bal to see if everyone is safe. Empress S'Byll and the Super Skrull arrive planetside and warn them that the Kree will return. To prepare for them, the Silver Surfer and the Super Skrull use their powers to transfer the Super Skrull's shape-shifting ability back into Empress S'Byll. The attempt is successful, but it leaves S'Byll a shape-shifting blob. The Kree return, but are no match for the Silver Surfer and the newly-powered S'Byll.
The Kree/Skrull War erupts! The Surfer is duped into choosing sides and thus imperils the existence of his home world of Zenn-La! AS if that weren’t enough, the Skrulls have created a totally new Super-Skrull! It’s a giant-sized galaxy-spanning saga that will leave you speechless!
- The Silver Surfer defeated the Brotherhood of Badoon and prevented them from invading Earth during his early days of imprisonment on the planet. 
- The Silver Surfer and the Super-Skrull first fought each other, then helped each other escape the Eternals, while back on Earth. 
- Empress S'Byll resurrected the Super-Skrull, who was trapped in the Earth's radiation belt. 
- The Super-Skrull wonders how the Silver Surfer became so bitter. The Surfer is still mourning the loss of Mantis. 
- As a means to keep Zenn-La and himself out of the Kree/Skrull War, the Silver Surfer formed agreements of neutrality with both the Skrulls  and the Kree. 
- Captain Reptyl left Clusmy Foulup in charge of guarding a cache of weapons on a remote moon. 
- Supreme Leader Nenora visited Zenn-La to apologize for sending Ronan the Accuser after the Silver Surfer , but was received coldly by Empress Shalla-Bal. 
- For a while, the Kree thought that the Silver Surfer was destroying their outposts, but it was actually a Skrull imposter. 
- The Skrulls have created a genetics machine that is similar to the one that was used on the Silver Surfer and the Super-Skrull by the Eternals. 
- "The Cosmic Pipeline" letter column has letters published from: Lon Wolf, Andrew Rhoades, Shelby Dietz, A.J.C., Eric Pritchard, Brian Mason, and James Duckett.
The story references:
- Fantastic Four #325 - The Silver Surfer's recent adventure on Earth with Mantis.
- Silver Surfer Annual #1 - The Silver Surfer and Super Skrull's recent run-in with the Eternals.
Links and References
- Englehart, Steve. Silver Surfer 25-31. Steve Englehart: Books, Film, Comics, Games.... Retrieved on 6 Oct 2021.
- Grand Comics Database. Silver Surfer #25. Grand Comics Database. Retrieved on 6 Oct 2021.