Appearing in "Soul, Sweet Soul"
- Kree Empire
- Skrull Empire
- Elders of the Universe
- Galactus (Galan) (Photo) (Dream)
- Fantastic Four (Dream)
- Thor Odinson (Toy) (Dream)
- Mantis Brandt (Dream)
Races and Species:
- Kree Battlecruisers
- Silver Surfer's Surfboard
Synopsis for "Soul, Sweet Soul"
The Silver Surfer is trapped in the mind of the Supreme Intelligence. However, no matter how hard he tries to assimilate the Surfer, the Surfer fits back. Eventually the Surfer realizes that he can still control his surfboard. He uses it to free himself from the Supreme Intelligence's mind, taking the Mind Gem and causing the Supremor to lose his mind in the process. Meanwhile, Shalla-Bal tries to contact Mantis, but instead draws the attention of the Gardener.
The Silver Surfer's soul has been absorbed into the mind of the Supreme Intelligence. There he lives a surreal home life with a woman who changes from Shalla-Bal to Mantis. There he is attacked by two of the Kree minds that are within the Intelligence, prompting him to flee when a silver rat saves him.
Meanwhile in the real world, Nenora reports the current situation about the Surfer to her superiors in the Skrull army led by Emperor Kylor. In the Supremor's mind, the Surfer finds companions in a talking silver dog and talking plants. However, the Contemplator (in his astral form) finds that the Surfer has not yet been assimilated and informs Supremor. The Supreme Intelligence then sends the entire army of Kree minds that he has absorbed to overwhelm the Surfer.
With the help of the silver dog and plants, the Silver Surfer manages to fight them off and escapes. He meets a giant silver eagle who quickly helps him battle a manifestation of the Supreme Intelligence himself (appearing as a strange dragon with a large octopus on its head). The fight is a struggle, until the Surfer realizes that he can summon his board into the Supremor's mind through the Mind Gem. Doing so the Surfer manages to pull himself free, taking the Mind Gem with him as he exits. This causes the neutralized minds of the pink and blue skinned Kree that the Supremor had absorbed into his mind to revolt, causing the Supreme Intelligence to go mad.
On Zenn-La, Shalla-Bal attempts to contact Mantis through the plant life, however her call out to the Surfer's new love only brings trouble when the Gardener appears instead.
The Silver Surfer's soul is cast into the Supreme Intelligence! How will the Surfer escape from the leader of the Kree, who is composed of the Kree's greatest minds!
- While dreaming, the Silver Surfer is wearing an outfit that he has worn a number of times while trapped on Earth: a fedora and trench coat.   
- Also in his dream: as he sorts through a pile of clutter, the Silver Surfer picks up the device that Al Harper built for him in order to escape Galactus' barrier around Earth. 
- The second Kree-Skrull War began over the Skrulls losing their shape-changing ability. 
- The Silver Surfer confronted the Supreme Intelligence over Zenn-La and Earth and had is soul stolen by the Supreme Intelligence's Soul Gem. 
- The Silver Surfer gave Shalla-Bal a portion of his Power Cosmic so that she could replant Zenn-La after it was destroyed by Galactus. 
- After Mantis was captured by the Gardener, she tries to communicate with Shalla-Bal through Zenn-La's plants. 
- Shalla-Bal told the Silver Surfer that she needed to put Zenn-La before him. 
- Shalla-Bal remotely contacted the Silver Surfer to ask for help with an attack by the Kree Empire. 
- The "Bulletin Board" letter column has letters published from: Anthony Chin, Dale Coe, Bill Stelzer, Rodney Melton, Victor Patterson, Cary Bass, Matt Lloyd, and J.A. Marshall.
- As reported by Marvel: this issue was the sixth best-selling direct sales title for the publisher during the month that it was released. 
- Essential Series: Silver Surfer #2
- Epic Collection: Silver Surfer #3
The story references:
- Silver Surfer (Vol. 3) #7 - The Silver Surfer getting trapped inside the mind of the Supreme Intelligence.
Links and References
- Bibliomancer (18 Jun 2015). Essential Silver Surfer: Silver Surfer #8: Soul, Sweet Soul. The Bibliomancer. Retrieved on 30 Aug 2021.
- Englehart, Steve. Silver Surfer 1-20. Steve Englehart: Books, Film, Comics, Games.... Retrieved on 21 Feb 2021.
- Grand Comics Database. Silver Surfer #8. Grand Comics Database. Retrieved on 29 Aug 2021.