Simon Williams was a promising bodybuilder who was revealed to have been cheated by using performance enhancers, possibly Tyrone Cash's Hulk serum. After his career was finished, Director Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. approached him and offered him to join the S.H.I.E.L.D. super human unit known as the West Coast Ultimates, a secret version of the known super hero team.
Williams had mental instability, which caused him to Hulk-out when the team failed to find terrorist Osama bin Laden in Pakistan, causing his teammates to fight him. This situation, along the team's previous rogue attitude, made S.H.I.E.L.D. decide they were too dangerous. Nick Fury decided to put them in stasis tubes until they were be truly needed.
Nick Fury planned to use the West Coast Ultimates against the Maker and the Children of Tomorrow but chose not to. During the civil war, California tried to become an independent country, but they were forced by president Captain America to remain a part of the United States. The special adviser to California's governor, Spokesperson Ford discovered about the West Coast Ultimates, taking them from S.H.I.E.L.D. scientist Hugo Lopez's lab and decided to unleash them against the Ultimates.
Ford planned to make Williams the successor of governor of California after he would be killed by the damage generated when the hijacked J-RICE Orbital Energy Platform impacted in Sacramento (an attack which would've been blamed on Captain America's government), and was released to fight Iron Man, who had just escaped captivity after being kidnapped by West Coast Ultimate Black Knight.
Along his fellows Ultimates, Iron Man manged to stop the J-RICE from impact, and Wonder Man's following fate was unknown.
Wonder Man possesses similar powers to those of Bruce Banner, the Hulk, these powers include:
- Superhuman Strength: Wonder Man possesses superhuman strength that increases according to his anger, in a relatively calm state Wonder Man has shown enough strength to be able to lift and launch a car.
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Durability: Despite not being invulnerable Wonder Man possesses a superhuman resistance that allows him to survive attacks that could otherwise kill a common human being.
- 3 Appearances of Simon Williams (Earth-1610)
- Minor Appearances of Simon Williams (Earth-1610)
- Media Simon Williams (Earth-1610) was Mentioned in
- 6 Images featuring Simon Williams (Earth-1610)
- Quotations by or about Simon Williams (Earth-1610)
- Character Gallery: Simon Williams (Earth-1610)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|