Little is detailed about Wonder Man’s life before the zombie plague arrived on Earth-2149, however it can be presumed that it followed much the same path as Wonder Man of Earth-616.
It is unclear how he became infected, however, if, like his Earth-616 counterpart, he was part of the Avengers, it is possible he responded to the bogus “Avengers Assemble” call, as when Beast and Reed Richards find a sizable stash of meat in Latveria and the surrounding area, a zombified Wonder Man and a huge horde zombies head off to lay siege to Castle Doomstadt. A few of them manage to get through the magical force-field protecting the castle, and confront Dr Doom, Scarlet Witch, and Ashley J. Williams. Scarlet Witch is bitten by the zombified Punisher, and the other two make their getaways.
Presumably, Simon gets held up by the risen Deadite Legion, and at some point returns to New York. Though his ultimate fate is unknown, it can be presumed that he was fried when the Power Cosmic Zombies tested out their new powers.
Powers and Abilities
- The tissue and bones of his entire body have been augmented in strength and to a certain extent supplanted by an unknown substance during the "ionic ray" bombardment. Despite Wonder Man's statements that he is composed of "ionic energy," he is actually composed of organic matter that is permeated with this form of energy.
- Flight: able to fly at subsonic speed.
- Superhuman Stamina: enables him to exert himself at peak level for up to one half hour before fatigue poisons build up in his blood, causing him to tire. He no longer requires food, water, or air, since the energy that gives him life is far more efficient and self-sustaining than the biochemical processes that sustain ordinary human life.
- Wonder Man possesses superhuman strength enabling him to lift (press) 95 tons under optimal conditions.
- As an ionic energy being, Simon is susceptible to attacks that disrupt his unique energy pattern.