- —Sentience of the Sixth Cosmos[src]
Towards the period of multiversal renewal (a recurrent process in which the Multiverse dies and is reborn in a new embodied form), the Sixth Cosmos approached the mortal Galan of the planet Taa and merged his essence with him, leading to the birth of Galactus, the Devourer of Worlds. The Sixth Cosmos then died as he was consumed by the cosmic entity known as the Black Winter, and as a part of the natural cycle was replaced by the Seventh Cosmos. After dying, the Sixth Cosmos went to the ethereal location known as the Far Shore like his predecessors before him.
During the Eternity War, the Sixth Cosmos was summoned alongside his counterparts by Eternity to thwart the plans of the First Firmament, who sought to reclaim his position as everything that is. After the First Firmament was restrained, the cosmoses took him to the Next Place, where they planned to heal him.
- Even though this personification of the Multiverse is not given a name in any of his appearances and mentions to date, he is referred to as "The Sixth [Cosmos]" in Ultimates 2 #100. For the archivist purposes of the Marvel Database, it will be used as the page name until a name is given.
- Galactus' origin story has been retconned and reinterpreted many times. Thus, there are many conflicting accounts on how his universe was destroyed:
- The very first iteration of Galactus' origin from Thor #169 did not involve the Sixth Cosmos at all. Taa was implied to exist in the current universe, but its galaxy was suffering from a plague where its inhabitants were all dying from an incurable sickness. (The affected worlds were not destroyed; only their people were killed.) The last people of Taa, choosing to die in blazing glory than sickness, decided to fly their ship into a star. The ship flew around the star and the star's radiation killed everyone except Galan. This transformed him into Galactus.
- The Black Winter seems to be inspired by the original origin story as it is called a plague.
- 2 appearance(s) of Sixth Cosmos (Multiverse)
- 6 minor appearance(s) of Sixth Cosmos (Multiverse)
- 2 mention(s) of Sixth Cosmos (Multiverse)
- 4 image(s) of Sixth Cosmos (Multiverse)
- 1 quotation(s) by or about Sixth Cosmos (Multiverse)