Slorenia, officially known as the Republic of Slorenia (Republica Slorenijas), is a country located in the north-east of Europe. It is bordered by Latvia, Lithuania and Ksavia. Its capital city is Tblunka.
Humans were living in Slorenia since at least 9000 BC.
The ancestors of the Dudak, a Finnic people, settled down in this country circa 4000 BC.
Circa 2000 BC, the ancestors of the Slorene people, the proto-Balts, migrated into the region. The relationship of the two tribes was good at the beginning, until the Slorenes began to hunt Dudaks off their best farming lands after a few hundred years.
Circa 1200 BC, stories about angry gods taking side for the warring people appear in the local sagas.
For years, Slorenes and Dudaks fought for dominance, persecuting each other. Meanwhile, their neighbors grew rich, but travelers shunned Slorenia/Dudakmaa, scared off both by the unrest and by reports of demons.
During the 12th and 13th centuries, the country was the target of the Curonians ("Baltic Vikings"), prompting the Slorene and Dudak factions to unite.
Similarly, their neighbors attempted invasions because of the country's strategic geographic location, some achieving brief occupations, all repelled by Ember and Volkhvy, who stopped their battle to attack the interlopers.
At some point, Ember was temporarily destroyed, Volkhvy made a deal with Laslo Magzel, an ageless mutant who designed him a machine known as the Program which could drain life forces and sustain Volkhvy.
Industrialization spread swiftly, while the living conditions for peasants of all ethnicities worsened.
World War I
In January 1918, Slorenia declared independence in the wake of the Revolution, but the Red Army moved into the country and declared it under Soviet rule.
For two years, fighting continued in Slorenia, until Russia acknowledged its sovereignty and promised to give up any claim to the country for all time.
In 1921, Slorenia joined the League of Nations.
During the reconstruction, Volkhvy ruthlessly exploited the Dudak minority.
World War II
In mid-1944, Slorenia was reclaimed by the Soviet Army.
In 1991, Slorenia declared independence.
Bloodwraith later absorbed all the souls of those slaughtered and grew to giant proportions. Fueled by the anger of those slaughtered, Bloodwraith began to slaughter aid workers and SHIELD agents. Bloodwraith was mystically sealed within the country and the country was cordoned off.
Rebuilding, Slorenia returned to its old style of governance, with the Slorene majority cruelly suppressing the Dudaks based on archaic religious laws. A foreign effort to change the regime to something more benign (which Iron Man supported both personally and ideologically), was unsuccessful, and the country became a warzone, with local fanatics backed by Tabissara-hired mercenaries on one side, and the Hereward Corporation, a Sweden-based, British-founded UAV manufacturer, on the other.
Points of Interest
- Per the map, the territory of Slorenia is the western part of Latvia in the real world.
- The flag of Slorenia, as seen in Avengers vol. 3 #19 (1999) just moments before the massacre of all of its population, is green, red and yellow, with one circle and two stars (Seen next to this paragraph). The flag of Slorenia, as seen Marvel Atlas #1 (2007) apparently being the most recent depiction, is completely different, being a three-striped one, white, dark blue and red, with a shield on the two upper stripes (Seen at the beginning of this page). This discrepancy has been not explained yet.
- 19 Appearances of Slorenia
- 1 Minor Appearances of Slorenia
- 1 Media Slorenia was Mentioned in
- 5 Images featuring Slorenia
- Location Gallery: Slorenia
- 3 locations in Slorenia