Sparky is a synthezoid created by the Vision as the first step in re-uniting his family, after their household was shaken by the discovery of the Grim Reaper's corpse, buried in their backyard by Virginia.
Zeke, a dog belonging to the Visions' neighbors, George and Nora, had died when he accidentally dug up the Grim Reaper's corpse and was electrocuted by his scythe. Zeke's brain was then extracted from his body and used by the Vision to model Sparky's brain patterns.
Sparky was beaten to death by Virginia during a fit of blind rage following her daughter Viv's violent reaction to having learned that Virginia had indirectly caused the death of her classmate Chris Kinsky. With the help of Tony Stark, the Scarlet Witch brought Sparky back to life, and returned it to Viv.
Powers and Abilities
Similarly to Vision, Sparky possesses a number of "super-canine" powers ultimately derived from his artificial substance and metabolism. Sparky's canine body is supposedly a functioning replica of a Scottish Terrier body containing analogues to virtually all canine organs, blood, and tissue, composed of an unknown synthetic organic-like substance. This substance mimics all the functions of organic tissue, but is several times as strong, durable and resilient.
- Density Manipulation: The molecules in Sparky's body are capable of separating or pulling themselves together, thus being able to control his density and solidity.
- Sparky originally didn't have a name when he debuted in the final pages of Vision (Vol. 2) #6. The letters page of the issue asked readers to suggest names for the dog. In the letters page of Vision (Vol. 2) #8, Michael Strobl is credited for suggesting "Sparky," together with a list of other suggestions that didn't make the cut, including "Wi-fido," "Victor von Dog," and "K-9."
- 16 appearance(s) of Sparky (Earth-616)
- 8 image(s) of Sparky (Earth-616)
- 1 quotation(s) by or about Sparky (Earth-616)