Abducted from the planet Klyntar alongside millions of its brethren by the Poisons in preparation for their conquest of Earth, this symbiote was genetically altered using research obtained from the symbiote arms dealer Haze Mancer in order to hasten its bonding process and make it more difficult to separate from its host. It was sealed in a grenade used by Poison Punisher, becoming the third of its kind to bond to Spider-Man. Having possibly reactivated the remnants still left in his body of the two previous symbiotes that had bonded to him, this one took an appearance identical to his Black Suit.
Based on his negative past experiences with symbiotes, Spider-Man immediately attempted to use the bell at Our Lady of Saints Church to remove it in the same way he had his original symbiote, but was surprised when no matter how much pain he inflicted on it the symbiote refused to leave him. Despite being unable to directly communicate due to its inability to speak, the symbiote transmitted its emotions to Spider-Man, helping him deduce that something had been done to it that prevented it from separating from him.
Spider-Man wore the symbiote during the battle against the Poisons, and it saved his life when he was impaled through the abdomen by Poison Carnage and set adrift in space. Following the end of the conflict, it was removed from him by Alchemax and presumably returned to Klyntar with the rest of its abducted brethren.
The Black Suit augments Spider-Man's powers by an unspecified amount.
Like most other Symbiotes, sound and fire. However, this symbiote was altered to prevent it from easily separating from its host, ensuring that it and Spider-Man would be easy targets for the Poisons to consume.
- This symbiote is the fourth known Klyntar to bond to Spider-Man, preceded by the Venom symbiote, an unnamed corrupted symbiote that Peter bonded to onboard the S.W.O.R.D. space station, and the Mania symbiote during the event Venom Inc. Except for Mania, all other three symbiotes appear identically to each other, being black with large white spider-emblems on their chests and white patches on their hands.
- Appearances of Spider-Man's Fourth Symbiote (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Spider-Man's Fourth Symbiote (Earth-616)
- Media Spider-Man's Fourth Symbiote (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Spider-Man's Fourth Symbiote (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Spider-Man's Fourth Symbiote (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Spider-Man's Fourth Symbiote (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ Venom #163
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Venomized #1
- ↑ Considering that Mac Gargan took an appearance similar to that of his Ven-orpion persona when he bonded to a piece of the Maniac Symbiote because it reactivated the remnants of the Venom Symbiote inside his body in Amazing Spider-Man #792
- ↑ Venomized #2-5
- ↑ Spider-Man and the X-Men #5
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man #793
|Like this? Let us know!|