Appearing in "Triumph of the Green Goblin"
- Spider-Friends (First appearance)
- Mona Osborn (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Triumph of the Green Goblin"
As the gang heads to a costume superhero party on the Empire State University campus, Norman Osborn's plane crashes reverting him into the Green Goblin. The Goblin's newest scheme is to take the formula that changed him and put it in to the reservoir to turn all of New York into Goblin-like creatures that will follow his rule. The problem is he can not find it. So he kidnaps his niece, Mona Osborn, in hopes that she will know where the formula is. Spidey comes to the rescue, but does not stop the Goblin from putting the formula into the reservoir. They fight high above the city on the Goblin's glider as Iceman freezes the reservoir before the formula mixes in. Firestar burns through the frozen water to cut the formula out. As Spidey and the Goblin continue their battle, the Goblin accidentally hits some electric wires which causes an explosion and reverts him back to Norman Osborn.
- This episode was adapted to the comic Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends #1.
- The Earth-616 version of Norman Osborn does not "transform" into the Green Goblin. He wears a goblin costume.
- This episode is extremely similar to the episode "Revenge of the Green Goblin" of the 1981 solo Spider-Man syndicated series.
- Costumes seen at the party: Captain America, Spider-Woman, Medusa, Hulk, Hellcat, Storm, Ka-Zar, Black Widow, Namor, Ms. Marvel, Wasp, Yellowjacket, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Phoenix, Dr.Strange, Black Panther, Power Man, Valkyrie, Iron Man, Thing, Thor, Shanna, Falcon, and Daredevil.
- The costumes Bobby, Angelica, and Mona choose to wear to the costume party (Captain America, Spider-Woman, and Medusa) are all characters Spidey teamed up with in Marvel Productions animated series Spider-Woman (1979) and Spider-Man (1981).
- Discuss "Triumph of the Green Goblin" on the forums
- Gallery for the Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends series
Links and References