Appearing in "The X-Men Adventure"
- The X-Men (Last appearance)
Synopsis for "The X-Men Adventure"
As the Spider-Friends try out the X-men's Danger room, an intruder invades their mansion and traps everyone by taking control of the computer system. Firestar realizes that the intruder is a man from her past. Nathan Price, a former lover that blames her for his condition. He is a schizophrenic half-man, half-machine now calling himself Cyberiad. The entire group breaks up into teams in hopes to reach Cyberiad in the attic before he causes a meltdown. After many traps, the uncaptured members make it to the top floor, but the only way to the attic is through the MAZE OF MADNESS, an unpredictable room of holograms and traps. Only Firestar makes it through the maze without being captured and has to face Cyberiad one-on-one. She fuses his circuits, defeating him and surfacing the Nathan Price side of his persona before finally passing away.
- Given the similarities, this episode seemed to be a pilot for an X-Men cartoon for NBC circa the same time period, as is obvious from this quote from COMICS SCENE #11, VOL. 2 1983: “The proposed X-MEN show from Marvel almost made NBC’s schedule and would have featured Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Ariel, Lady Lightning (an animated version of Ms. Marvel which has been kicking around for years), Thunderbird (back from the dead and able to change into any animal-form) and Videoman. Also the action would have them as students at Professor X’s high school. The show was passed over in favor of more Smurf-like shows."
- In 1989; Marvel produced another pilot, Pryde of the X-Men which featured a slightly modifed team. Pryde of the X-Men also failed as a pilot, just as this episode did. In 1992, Marvel finally produced a sucessful pilot; "Night of the Sentinels".
- This is one of the darkest episodes of the series. It is also the only episode where the villain is killed in battle.
Links and References
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks