The Spider-Men were a team formed by the Beyonder and Madame Web. In the Beyonder's future, Spider-Carnage destroyed all of reality, but when the blast that was destroying all realities reached the Beyonder's dimension, he stopped and reversed time. He and his assistant, Madame Web, then trained various Spider-Men from different realities in order to stop Spider-Carnage.
All the Spider-Men were then brought to a world devastated, by Spider-Carnage. The Spider-Men then teamed up with the Scarlet Spider, who was a native of this reality, and set out to defeat Spider-Carnage. The heroes were able to stop Spider-Carnage's plan, but the evil wall-crawler managed to escape.
The Beyonder tracked Spider-Carnage to another reality, this one belonging to the Armored Spider-Man. A dimension where Spider-Man is a celebrity, well loved, and rich. This time Spider-Carnage plans to destroy each reality, one at a time. The Beyonder only had enough power to send one, so he sent the Spider-Man of Earth-92131. There he meets the beautiful Gwen Stacy, girlfriend to Armored Spider-Man. His attorney, Wilson Fisk, became involved with Spider-Carnage and captured Spider-Man. Luckily Gwen recognized that Spider-Carnage was not her Spider-Man and released the good one. Unable to defeat the symbiote powered former hero, Spider-Man used his head to get to Spider-Carnage. Spider-Man found Uncle Ben, dead in most other realities except this one. Ben was able to talk Spider-Carnage out of his insane plan and told him to fight the symbiote. Unable to fully separate, Spider-Carnage threw himself into a portal that completely destroyed him. Spider-Man finally got to say goodbye to Uncle Ben, and he told Peter just how proud he was of him.
After these events, all the Spider-Men were presumably returned to their native realities.
Transportation: The Spider-Men are teleported through realities by either the Beyonder or Madame Web.
- Spider-Verse writer Dan Slott has stated that he intended to add this team to Spider-Verse #2's last story, but took them out to avoid confusion because similiar versions of some of its members had already been introduced in the tie-in comic Superior Spider-Man #32, such as the Six-Armed Spider-Man of Earth-92100 and the Armored Spider-Man of Earth-14132 and it could have created confusion due to the fact that both of these Spider-Men were already dead by the time of Spider-Verse #2.
- 2 Appearances of Spider-Men (Multiverse)
- Minor Appearances of Spider-Men (Multiverse)
- Media Spider-Men (Multiverse) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images that include Spider-Men (Multiverse)
- Team Gallery: Spider-Men (Multiverse)
Links and References
- ↑ Slott, Dan (23 January 2015). Dan Slott on Twitter: "Wanted to do a bit in SPIDER-VERSE #2 where the group of Spideys from the end of the 90's cartoon raced thru too. But it was too confusing.". Twitter. Retrieved on 27 January 2020.
- ↑ Slott, Dan (23 January 2015). Dan Slott on Twitter: "It was in the art. But we knew that internet-nitpickers would go: "But didn't Armored & 6-Armed Spider-Man already die?" So we took 'em out.". Twitter. Retrieved on 27 January 2020.