The shop played a key role when Spider-Man needed a Captain America costume as a disguise in order to travel from the United States to Germany to face the Red Skull, after Spider-Man accidentally helped the Red Skull capture Captain America and became a pariah among the residents of New York.
The shop again played a key role later on when Firestar convinced Flash Thompson to purchase and wear a Spider-Man costume to a costume party being held at Empire State University and appearing alongside Peter Parker in order to trick Sandman, after Sandman discovered Peter Parker and Spider-Man were the same person and threatened the life of Aunt May if Peter did not give up being Spider-Man.
- The shop's name is a reference to Stan Lee, the co-creator of Spider-Man and most of the other characters whose costumes appear in the shop.
- Appearances of Stan's Costume Shop
- Minor Appearances of Stan's Costume Shop
- Media Stan's Costume Shop was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Stan's Costume Shop
- Location Gallery: Stan's Costume Shop